Author Topic: Shadford, Essex (?)  (Read 7123 times)

Offline Susan55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shadford, Essex (?)
« Reply #27 on: Monday 29 May 17 19:55 BST (UK) »
Just seen your photo of the two officers. I have that also. Charles Hilton was Sergeant Instructor of Gunnery with Royal Artillery at Burniston Barracks. I have a photograph of him standing by a carriage with Catherine Hilton and children in the carriage taken in Scarborough at Scalby Milly around 1882.
This is very spooky.

Offline LouiseB31

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 29 May 17 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan!
We must be cousins then.
I have a big tree on Ancestry if you want to have a look at it?
This is Charles, you can work your way round from there, see if I have everything right - and let me know where you fit in too please.
https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/83058301/person/32481727173/facts
Charles and Catherine were my great great grandparents.
If you message me we can exchange email addresses and maybe even meet up sometime?
Best wishes, Louise
Baldock, Millward, Harriman, Wilson, Hilton, Fairclough, Hadley, Bedford, Brady, Butler, Watchorn, Marshall, Jutson, Pinfold, Masters, Mottram, Upton, Daffern, Shellswell, Skelding, Wall, Taylor, Scattergood, Ferguson, Innous, Mulley, Hyams

Offline Susan55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 29 May 17 20:14 BST (UK) »
Great. Will look at Ancestry shortly.
They are also my great great grandparents. I was born in Charles Philip Hiltons house in Hull.
We must be cousins. Who is your father? I know of an Alan Hilton living in the Middlesex area.
My email is susancripps@hotmail.com
My grandma was daughter of Charles and Mary Hilton (nee Mulvana). She was born in Whitby. They moved to Scarborough, then Hull.

Offline LouiseB31

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 29 May 17 20:35 BST (UK) »
I will email you Susan!
It's exciting to meet you....
Baldock, Millward, Harriman, Wilson, Hilton, Fairclough, Hadley, Bedford, Brady, Butler, Watchorn, Marshall, Jutson, Pinfold, Masters, Mottram, Upton, Daffern, Shellswell, Skelding, Wall, Taylor, Scattergood, Ferguson, Innous, Mulley, Hyams