Author Topic: Earnest alsop what happened to his children help please  (Read 3968 times)

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Earnest alsop what happened to his children help please
« on: Friday 04 July 14 14:09 BST (UK) »
My great aunt was married to earnest alsop who did just before I was born in 1966 so I never met him my aunt was called louise moodie they lived in lea on sea and in the exssex area they I think where both bank Clarks I know he was married before and I believe and two children possibly a boy and a girl I would love to know what earnest first wife was called and if she re married died and what of there children to did they marry did they stay in Essex and

I also know nothing about his family weather he came from Essex or had any brothers and sisters or who his parents where either can anyone help ?... Please   
SCOBEL,SCOBELL,SCOBALL MILLER,AUSTIN, WARD,

JARVIS, HEADIN, WILSON, COCKBURN, THURLEY

MOODIE, MOODY, WARDLAW, DRYELLY, WILSON, BROUN, DRYELIE, HUNTER, DONALD, CORKRAN, STEPHENSON, WILKLE, WALKER, MASON,  MARTIN, SCOT

LUSTY, PIKE, PAYNE, THORNTON, KILBOURN, TOWN, BROWNHEAD, FULLER, INCH, DALBY, KENNARD, KITCHENER, RAE, LAWS, PENNY, WADDELL, SIMPSON, PERCRIAUX, ARMITAGE, BRICKLAND

BENNETT, MASON, ROBERTS, STEPHSON, MITCHELL,OWEN, HARROP, NORTON, HODGSON, HARRINGTON, ALLEN, FAIRBURN,HIRST, ROMA

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Earnest alsop what happened to his children help please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 July 14 14:19 BST (UK) »
This looks like his death

March 1966
Rochford
Ref 4a 1033
Thomas E Alsop age 61

There is a Probate index entry, confirming his name as Thomas Ernest, giving a Leigh on Sea address, stating Administration (with will) to a Louise Alsop.

We cannot help with tracing any children he may have had, as they may still be alive.

But we can help with going backwards to find ancestors.

Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 July 14 14:24 BST (UK) »
Yes that's him and my aunt understand that his children may be alive but can we go back wards as to his family and maybe his first wife and his siblings and parents ect that would be fab I was very close to my great aunt and she was such fun and completely see tic and Barmey

MOODIE, MOODY, WARDLAW, DRYELLY, WILSON, BROUN, DRYELIE, HUNTER, DONALD, CORKRAN, STEPHENSON, WILKLE, WALKER, MASON,  MARTIN, SCOT

LUSTY, PIKE, PAYNE, THORNTON, KILBOURN, TOWN, BROWNHEAD, FULLER, INCH, DALBY, KENNARD, KITCHENER, RAE, LAWS, PENNY, WADDELL, SIMPSON, PERCRIAUX, ARMITAGE, BRICKLAND

BENNETT, MASON, ROBERTS, STEPHSON, MITCHELL,OWEN, HARROP, NORTON, HODGSON, HARRINGTON, ALLEN, FAIRBURN,HIRST, ROMA

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 July 14 14:27 BST (UK) »
Possible birth

Thomas Ernest Alsop
Oct/Nov/Dec 1904
Romford
Ref 4a 572

I think he is under Ernest in 1911 census

Possible first marriage
Apr/May/Jun 1935
Romford
Ref 4a  1498
Thomas E Alsop / Isabella C Riddell

Possible second marriage
Apr/May/Jun 1952
Southend on sea
Ref 4a 1388
Thomas E Alsop / Louisa J Moodie

Marriage cert would show if he had been married before

DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 04 July 14 14:46 BST (UK) »
That's him and defiantly my aunt I don't think he moved far I think he stayed in the excess area I also believe he had a sister and possibly his parents die while he was a youngish man though I don't know anything about them at all

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 July 14 15:19 BST (UK) »
We arent allowed to post 1911 look ups, but you may well find him with his family on that census.
Or getting his birth cert would tell you his parents names.
Then you can look on freebmd for their marriage, to work back. And also for their deaths.
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 July 14 16:18 BST (UK) »
Wow thank you for that will do

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Hannahlee, further to the original posts. You say in your first posting you do not have Thomas Ernest Alsop's parentage. I notice you have a family tree on Ancestry detailing them????????
If he was married previously to Isabella C (Campbell) Riddell then they had a daughter in 1942 (her details can be found on Freebmd) Isabella died march 1986 aged 74 in Thurrock (dob 4.7.1911). I cannot confirm if he divorced Isabella.

John

Offline Lynn Cook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Isabella was my grandmother.  Isabelle Alsop is my mother.  I found your entry while trying to find out more about my grandmothers past.

I can fill in some of the gaps for you.  I have also never been able to confirm whether he divorced my gran.  Perhaps you can fill in that bit of missing information? Did his marriage certificate declare a previous marriage? I can tell you however that my mother was in fact fathered by a Canadian Royal Engineer who was over here during the war, or at least that is who was declared on her birth certificate.  That's a whole different ancestry story though.  My grandmother sufferred from schizophrenia and that may have been a deciding factor on mr alsop leaving her.  They never had any children together, my mum is an only child and only took the Alsop name due to her mother bearing that name through her marriage.  I have never established when they parted ways, but my mother was born away from Essex, but they moved back to Harold wood while she was very small.  We believed Mr  Alsop to be quite a wealthy businessman with possible housing or business partners in the Hornchurch area, but he kept his business matter to himself so these were merely unsubstantiated rumours as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad to finally discover what happened to him after he left my gran, so thank you for this.