Author Topic: Earnest alsop what happened to his children help please  (Read 3969 times)

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Earnest alsop what happened to his children help please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 17:34 GMT (UK) »
I didn't find his second marriage in any of the actual Southend parish records. Maybe another local parish. I will keep looking. If he was previously married, it may have been at a registry office, in which case, you would need to get the marriage certificate from GRO. It costs about £10 and they refund you if they can't find it.
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.

Offline Lynn Cook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Earnest alsop what happened to his children help please
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 March 15 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Digging about a little more on this, it seems my grandmother left him when he got a bit aggressive with her, again I must stress that she has schizophrenia so I'm sure that played a role in their relationship. His parents were as far as I can tell Thomas Alsop and Ada Lay, who lived in Ilford.  This totally fits in with where my gran used to live as her family lived around west ham, romford, ilford areas too.  I think she also worked as a clerk, so that may be how they met.

Thomas Ernest had a sister sybil and brother rowland.  It looks like Ada died aged 77 and Thomas senior died aged 50 in 1924, which will have been while Thomas Ernest was 20 years old.