Author Topic: PRING DNA  (Read 2661 times)

Offline pringlefooty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PRING DNA
« on: Monday 07 July 14 10:33 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am trying to get more people to submit PRING DNA
Recently I used DNA testing to learn about my ancestry, and I hope you might be interested in doing this, too! It's really not too expensive. The biggest and best site to use is www.familytreedna.com

Males can test their Y-DNA to discover their ancestry at the root of their direct paternal line,
or father's father's father's, etc, line. Men and women can also test their mtDNA to trace their
maternal ancestry, on their mother's mother's mother's (etc) line. Anyone can do the Family Finder test, which can connect you with recent relatives and give you a breakdown of your ancestral origin across all family lines.

The good thing about this service is it matches you against the Family Tree DNA database, the
largest of its kind in the world. Family Tree DNA gives you the list of countries other people
with the same or similar results come from so you can see the range of places your ancestors
may have come from, too. With the new Family Finder test, you can see what proportion of your
DNA comes from which regions of the world.

All it takes is a painless cheek swab.

Offline grimpring

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: PRING DNA
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 05:07 GMT (UK) »
Dear Pringlefooty,
I have now asked for a kit to do this.
I am an Australian living in Adelaide and have roots back to Prings in Littleham/Budleigh Salter, Devon.
I notice that all the people who have been tested for Pring do not seem to show on the family Tree DNA site and was wondering how to contact these people if I need to.
regards,
Graham

Offline clayton bradley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 11:42 GMT (UK) »
I have in laws called Prinn, originally from Cornwall. Is this name related to Pring or a completely different name? cb
Broadley (Lancs all dates and Halifax bef 1654)

Offline Designer Jeans

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We are who we are because they were who they were
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

You can search for and contact others on www.ysearch.org

When you have your results from FTDNA there will be an option for you to upload your own results to ysearch

I would also recommend joining as many FTDNA projects as possible eg British Isles by County and the Devon Project.  There may also  be Yahoo and Facebook groups.

Good luck
Valerie

PS Did you mean Budleigh Salterton?
Derbys: Ward, Hopkinson, Bradley, Birds, Clarke, Taylor, Daykin, Gent, Vardy, Cotterill, Stocks, Godber, Dronfield, Charlesworth, Bonsall, Purseglove
Notts: Clarke, Freeman, Kitchen, Allcock, Housley, Swanwick, Berrisford, Farnsworth, Antcliffe
Staffs: Nutt, Bowring
Yorks: Holling, Fish, Kay, Hardy
Lincs: Plummer, Broughton, Wellbourne

Offline pringlefooty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 13:04 GMT (UK) »
'Designer Jeans' has it correct. The 'Prings' group looks like this at the moment :-
I am 197213

Offline pringlefooty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 13:12 GMT (UK) »
I have in laws called Prinn, originally from Cornwall. Is this name related to Pring or a completely different name? cb

According to heraldry sites the surname Pring was in the past Prin, Prinn, Prynne and I have an ancestor in my family tree 'pringe' but the 'e' was dropped from my line after my 9th great-grandfather who was born in 1655.

This is quite interesting:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Prynne

Offline clayton bradley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Yes, he's the famous one. Thanks for your reply. I'll tell my relatives and see if I can get them to join you, cb
Broadley (Lancs all dates and Halifax bef 1654)

Offline sunny51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 18 May 15 04:08 BST (UK) »
I have a Pring line; a g g grandmother from The Bradford on Tone / Somerset area. I am hoping to get a DNA test in the coming year. I will come back and post the info after I get it done. It is not yet available in Australia but is promised ' to be coming soon'! Thanks
Critchley, Morgan, Mogford, Marks, Price,  Pryce,Hammond, Lambert, (Davis) Lane and Thomas in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Somerset to South Wales.  Northover, Samways, Stevens, Clark, Ridge and Thornhill in Dorset

Offline pringlefooty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 18 May 15 11:29 BST (UK) »
sunny51 I would just go to the USA site on line FTDNA and get them to post you a test kit. That's what I did in the UK. It's the largest database in the world and if you are going to get any success it will be there. I wouldn't go any lower than a Y-DNA37 test, higher if you can afford it ;-) You get a padded return envelope and inside there are two small plastic vials with like soapy water in. You use the provided swabs and give two inside cheek samples. It's really simple. Good luck. J