Author Topic: Seeking Family of School Masters A Hickson & W. T. Phillips, Bala Grammar 1877  (Read 14533 times)

Offline Alisdiar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Family of School Masters A Hickson & W. T. Phillips, Bala Grammar 1877
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 31 March 15 08:42 BST (UK) »
What do people think his surname was..  Jones, or Owen-Jones. I have always assumed the latter, but now think Owen must be his middle name.

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Family of School Masters A Hickson & W. T. Phillips, Bala Grammar 1877
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 31 March 15 09:10 BST (UK) »
In the newspaper article about the prize giving he is just Jones.

His Grandfather was Owen Jones, so it is likely to be a middle name.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Alisdiar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 31 March 15 20:57 BST (UK) »
Brilliant. Many thanks. It is wonderful to fill the spaces and add detail to the life of William Owen Jones.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 11:58 BST (UK) »
Just come across this Carte de Visite whilst sorting my old photos into date order and thought I would email a copy to the restaurant but...:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-25280742.html

I did finally get a response from the person that I emailed a copy to after a bit of prompting..and he said that he was researching for a friend and that the online tree wasn't his...he would let me know when his friend had received the copy...haven't heard from him since.

I will go there one day and take the photo to show the next owners!!

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 15:47 BST (UK) »
I have passed it many times, but never been in.  Isn`t it annoying when people don`t respond, especially after all the work that has been done.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 16:32 BST (UK) »
You never know...raising it again might just flush out some relatives  ;D
Thanks for all your help.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU