Author Topic: Steel LAMBERT of Great Dunmow - help/advice please  (Read 8802 times)

Offline rosnorfolk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Steel LAMBERT of Great Dunmow - help/advice please
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 04 February 15 23:12 GMT (UK) »
I too am researching the Lamberts and have information to offer - and I'd love a copy of Steel's marriage record to Jemima!  His name seems to come from his mother as her maiden name was Steele - Martha Steele - she was born 08/09/1754 in Finchingfield.

The attached comes from the Chelmsford Chronicle of 12.12.1851. 

Offline Marion R

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Steel Lambert correction
« Reply #19 on: Friday 13 February 15 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Further to my post of 7 November, whilst Steel Lambert's parents were Jeffrey Lambert and Martha (Steele, of Finchingfield), we now realise that Martha was the (only) wife of the Jeffery (baptised 11 September 1747 in Panfield) the son of Jeffrey (baptised 9 June 1720 in Alphamstone) and his first wife France's King.

Martha married Jeffrey in Finchingfield on 17 June 1773 following the granting of a Marriage Licence (ERO D/AML/1773). The Parish Marriage Register entry is found on ERO Finchingfield microfiche D/P/14/4 page 50 number 199.

Steel Lambert married (secondly) Jemima Elizabeth Fox on 20 September 1848 at the Independent Chapel in Great Dunmow (ref: Great Dunmow 1848. 3Q vol 12 page 119

Marion