Author Topic: Thomas Parker  (Read 778 times)

Offline jamesmgray1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Parker
« on: Monday 14 July 14 00:12 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me what state in the U.S. Thomas Parker lived in? I am trying to help his 87 year old GGGrandson before he dies. Thomas  was born on September 14, 1838 in Dunsilly, Antrim, Ireland, the son of William Parker born about 1798 in Antrim Ireland and Rachel Agnew born about 1799 in Ireland, who were married on September 7, 1824 in Irish Town, Antrim, Ireland.Family history handed down from generation to generation also says that Thomas Parker fought in the American Civil War; but does not reveal on which side he participated. Thomas had a brother, Samuel Skelton Parker who lived in Barnawartha, Victoria and then moved to Wodonga West, Victoria. Any information on him, his family, what state in the U.S. he lived in or military records would be greatly appreciated by the family. (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: Split from existing thread for better response - e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Parker
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 July 14 13:13 BST (UK) »
Hi jamesmgray1

Are we able to start closer to  the G-G-Grandson of Thomas, ie: the person you are helping?

If Thomas was his GG-Grandfather, then who was  his Parent, Grandparent and g-Grandparent who lead  back to Thomas?  I'm sure you're aware, with the information provided so far - a common name etc,  it's a bit of a needle in a haystack, with the US being such a vast area!

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 July 14 13:20 BST (UK) »
Yes, there are over 200 Thomas Parkers listed among soldiers and sailors on the Union and Confederate sides.  http://www.nps.gov/civilwar/search-soldiers.htm  Anything that might narrow it down would help.

Offline Corey Hutchins

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 July 17 12:24 BST (UK) »
Hi i habe been researching some family history and have come upon this forum. I am the great great granddaughter of Samuel Skelton Parker from Wodonga Victoria Australia