Author Topic: James Stewart  (Read 1423 times)

Offline scoobie2010

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Stewart
« on: Tuesday 22 July 14 06:16 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am researching the above James Stewart. He was born in 1800c  Ireland where we think he married Mary Taggart 1st and then Mary Gillespie daughter of Robert and Jane Gillespie. James father was Robert and mother Margaret Nugent. This information is from Scotlands people from certificates. James also had a brother Robert. We had reason to believe that James' father Robert was originally descended from the Appin Stewarts. I cannot seem to find a death for Robert and Margaret on Scotlands People. So maybe they stayed in Ireland. If there is any information out there about this family I would like hear from you.
Thanks,

Offline terri-62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James Stewart
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 April 18 23:54 BST (UK) »
i read on a message board that you were researching a Sarah Nugent who had a daughter Alice? Im trying to trace a 2x great aunt named Sarah Nugent born at Grabben Gullen NSW Australia in 1868

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Stewart
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 April 18 17:07 BST (UK) »
Ayrshire burial records on SP vary, not all parishes are covered prior to Statutory Registration in 1855.
I was tracing a Stewart in Irvine, no record on SP but I found a burial book at the local history library and he was listed.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.