Author Topic: Thomas and Isabella Miller Noak Hill Essex  (Read 4644 times)

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas and Isabella Miller Noak Hill Essex
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 14:33 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the information MichRich which I will add to my data base in due course. I have a photocopy of the will that you have mentioned and will see what I have in my files that covers the Miller or Bunting family and any that may be connected to them. If I find anything I will be in touch via a pm so as not to clog up this thread.

OR.
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop

Offline JoannaFaulkner

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I was wondering if the Thomas Richard Miller I'm looking for is possibly the son of Thomas and Isabella?
Thomas Richard Miller married Minnie Sophia in West Ham I believe, and had a daughter Victoria Sophia Miller (born 1902 - died 1929), and possibly more. I don't yet know.
Does this sound like it could fit? I'm new to this!!!  :)

Offline dred46

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 02:12 GMT (UK) »
I don't think that Thomas Richard was the son of Thomas and Isabella.  Although they had a son Thomas, he seems to have married Lucy Hawkes in 1849. I have not yet found a connection with Minnie Sophia, but I will keep looking, and let you know if I find anything.
Miller: Noak Hill, Shoreditch;
Binyon: Bethnal Green, Bermondsey;
Dowling: Newington;
Durgan:  Madras India, and Lambeth;
Garner: Stepney;
Indermaur: Southwark and St Galen Switzerland;
McInerney: County Clare, Benares, India, and Lambeth;

Offline MichRich

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 02:43 GMT (UK) »
Joanna, I have had a search around.  With the limited information you have, it's a bit hit and miss.  There is no evidence that Thomas Richard Miller is related to Thomas and Isabella Miller of Romford.  Your best bet is to order his marriage certificate.  I have found his marriage to Minnie Sophia TURNER, the Qtr Ended Mar 1902 in the District of Poplar - Vol 1c Page 732.  They appear to be living in Islington in the 1911 Census.  Thomas Richard Miller was born about 1877.  I no longer have a subscription to any site that will give me further information (such as the birthplace of Thomas), but that should give you enough to start your search.  To order their marriage certificate, you will need to go to www.gro.gov.uk  Hope this helps.

Hello

I was wondering if the Thomas Richard Miller I'm looking for is possibly the son of Thomas and Isabella?
Thomas Richard Miller married Minnie Sophia in West Ham I believe, and had a daughter Victoria Sophia Miller (born 1902 - died 1929), and possibly more. I don't yet know.
Does this sound like it could fit? I'm new to this!!!  :)

Offline JoannaFaulkner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 February 15 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Michrich!!

I will investigate further!

Offline JoannaFaulkner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 February 15 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Dred! Any help much appreciated. I'm still very much learning the ropes!