Author Topic: Job Herbert born in Llanrhystyd Cardiganshire  (Read 4372 times)

Offline jackianne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Job Herbert born in Llanrhystyd Cardiganshire
« on: Saturday 26 July 14 13:18 BST (UK) »
Hello
Can anyone help with yet another mystery on my tree.
My Great grandfather Job Herbert Harris was born in Llanrhystyd Cardiganshire in 1854, his father is unknown but his mother was Mary Herbert born in 1826 in Llansaintffraed Cardiganshire.
He had a brother named William who was born in 1859 in Llansaintffraed Cardiganshire, his father was also unknown. I think although cannot confirm that there may have been a sister named Mary Anne born in 1849 in Llansaintffraed Cardiganshire.
When his mother died in 1865 in Llanon I lost track of the 2 boys but I think I did discover Job working in Foreshaw Heath in Solihull Warwickshire in 1871 by 1876 he married Anne Adams in Birmingham where they settle and raise a large family.
He worked as a Gold and Silver Wire Drawer which was the occupation of Anne's father, so this may be how Job and Anne met.
When Job married he was using the name Job Herbert Harris but it is a mystery why he called himself this.
On the marriage certificate it states that Job's father was Job Harris deceased.
Can anyone help with this , The Herbert family were farmers and David Herbert, Job's Grandad raised a large family he married Mary Jones and then Hannah Davies.
The family farm in Llansaintffraed was Tryal Bach Farm.
Harris, Herbert, Harper, Woodward, Whittaker, Pullinger, Brears, Dowds, McKernan, Tracey, Harring,Herring, Adams, Tilley,Earwaker,Honywood,Atwater,Galvin, Leadbeater Butler

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Job Herbert born in Llanrhystyd Cardiganshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 July 14 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

Job Herbert Harris but it is a mystery why he called himself this.

By the time he was an adult - perhaps he knew who his father was and used his fathers surname?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline jackianne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Job Herbert born in Llanrhystyd Cardiganshire
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 July 14 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hello
Sorry for delay, I think this may have been the case, as far as I am aware William remained a Herbert but there is a chance that his father may have been different.
Not long before Mary became pregnant she was working on a farm in an area that was used by the Drovers and where I believe I found Job in Solihull was an area that came within the Drovers trail.
I wonder if his father was a Drover, and something that is a coincidence the farm in which I believed he was working was next to a farm where the wife of the farmer maiden name was Harris.
I will keep looking.
Harris, Herbert, Harper, Woodward, Whittaker, Pullinger, Brears, Dowds, McKernan, Tracey, Harring,Herring, Adams, Tilley,Earwaker,Honywood,Atwater,Galvin, Leadbeater Butler