Author Topic: Trying to find parents of John Richardson 1865 Alnwick  (Read 3608 times)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find parents of John Richardson 1865 Alnwick
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 July 14 16:50 BST (UK) »
I was wondering whether the newlyweds might be with John's family in 1891 - but found Mary H Richardson (24 b Kirknewton) and her 2-week-old son John Ja[me]s Richardson (b Embleton) with her Shiel family in Embleton. RG12/4265/134/1.

It's possible that John might be found with relatives of his, which would be helpful - though I agree that it's the information from the marriage certificate which is really required.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 July 14 21:12 BST (UK) »
Well thank you all so much for all your responses but it does seem like I will have to order the Marriage certificate for John. Im hitting so many brick walls on my husbands side of the family and thought I wouldn`t be needing certificates at this point  :-[

AVM 228 You`re a star I didn`t have a record for another John James in 1891. Also I noticed in the 1911 census that John Richardson`s wife was called Mary Ann. John James born 1895 died 1918 killed in France and his Military records stated his parents John and the late Mary A Richardson had been informed and wondered if there was 2 wives he had called Mary. Thats brilliant as I had neither the death year for Mary Hay or the marriage to the 2nd wife Mary Ann Thompson which both fit into the times nicely. They didn`t waste much time remarrying in those days I guess

Regards
Susan

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 28 July 14 21:39 BST (UK) »
I was wondering whether the newlyweds might be with John's family in 1891 - but found Mary H Richardson (24 b Kirknewton) and her 2-week-old son John Ja[me]s Richardson (b Embleton) with her Shiel family in Embleton. RG12/4265/134/1.

It's possible that John might be found with relatives of his, which would be helpful - though I agree that it's the information from the marriage certificate which is really required.

Hi Avm I wondered why I couldn`t find the newlyweds. I had`nt thought about looking for them seperatly but have tracked him down on the 1891 census in Waterloo, Cowpen with George Dodds Richardson, his wife Amelia and their Children Isabella Eliz and John L Short Richardson

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 28 July 14 22:18 BST (UK) »
Yes I see what you mean: the John 25 b Alnwick down as Geo Dodds Richardson's (married) brother.  RG12/4238/27/48.

You will still need that marriage certificate, but finding this John with George when wife and baby were elsewhere is at least consistent with your theory about the family set out in your first post.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 08:51 BST (UK) »
I will have to order the Marriage certificate for John.

Please do let us know what it says about John's father  :)

You didn't clarify your source for John's birthplace as Walther Mill?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 11:39 BST (UK) »
I will have to order the Marriage certificate for John.

Please do let us know what it says about John's father  :)

You didn't clarify your source for John's birthplace as Walther Mill?

Hi yes sorry I feel a bit embaressed now  :-[ That should have said Alnwick. I dont know why I said Wather Mill sorry about the confusion. It was George William his son that was born there from the 1901 census. I will let you know what can be found on the marriage certificate.

Susan

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 07 August 14 00:55 BST (UK) »
Hi All I`ve now got the marriage certificate for John Richardson and Mary Hay Shiel. Hopefully this will help

Offline theshelly

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 14 August 17 17:14 BST (UK) »
Norman Stanley Richardson was my grandfather, he died aged 58 in 1966. The story we were told was that his mother died after an illness when he was a teenager and his father moved another woman in virtually straight away. Appalled (believing the affair had been ongoing whilst his mother was alive) he ran away, lied about his age and joined the East Yorks regiment. We have no information about any relatives prior to that and we(the grandchildren) did not meet his family until his funeral.
Sorry cannot help more.

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 01:01 BST (UK) »
Hi theshelly

I`m not too sure but judging by the time frame Norman Stanley would only have been 2 years old when his Mother died as she died 1909 and if its the right marriage to Mary Ann Thompson it would have been Dec qtr 1910. The 1911 Census has his 2nd wife on.

It does seem very early to remarry but it must run in the family as Johns father, Normans grandfather married an Elizabeth Dodds.  Elizabeth died in 1872. By 1881 John had moved in his wifes niece nearly 30 years younger than him, married her in 1878 had 2 sons to her by 1881