Author Topic: Battrick Foote Larkin Jersey  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Thompsonet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Battrick Foote Larkin Jersey
« on: Monday 28 July 14 17:37 BST (UK) »
I have an extensive tree published on Ancestry.com and have been contacted by a potential step cousin (if there is such a thing) who was adopted and is trying to find her Roots. Can anyone please help with a look-up as I may not be able to get over to Jersey for some months.
I would like to find a Richard C. Battrick who died around 2000, and his wife, Kathleen M. Larkin who died around 1999 and lived in Jersey. Their Birth and Marriage indexes would be very useful.
I have also been trying to find Richard's parents, Fredrick Battrick and Polly nee Foote. I'm pretty sure that at least Fred was Jersey Born. I was surprised that they don't appear on any census returns, so may have been born just after 1911 (the latest to be published). The Channel Island BMD indexes of course are not published anywhere online so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Paul

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Battrick Foote Larkin Jersey
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 08:28 BST (UK) »
 According to the birth date on his reg card Richard should be on the 1911 census but the only one I can find with the right name and age has parents George and Mary.

Registration Card of Richard Charles Battrick, of 5, Greve d'Azette Cottages, St Clement, born 06/08/1909 (D/S/A/2/A113)
    1941-01-23 - 1941-01-23
    1 photographic print-b & w
    1 Paper
    file

Kathleen is at the same address, dob 2/10/1913

Offline Thompsonet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Battrick Foote Larkin Jersey
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 10:23 BST (UK) »
Wow! Many thanks Mr. La Grande-Méthe for doing that and especially for the speedy response! I sent a ink to this page to Helina in Australia who made the initial enquiry and she spotted your reply before I did. She seems very pleased. I had the same results looking at online census returns, but of course, we didn't get the birth dates which you had access to. This gives a definite grounding to work on and I am quite sure this also gives the link I was looking for. Very Grateful to you.  :D
I live fairly close to Kew, only half hour drive, so if there is anything I can look up in return for you in the National Archives that is not available online please let me know. :)

According to the birth date on his reg card Richard should be on the 1911 census but the only one I can find with the right name and age has parents George and Mary.

Registration Card of Richard Charles Battrick, of 5, Greve d'Azette Cottages, St Clement, born 06/08/1909 (D/S/A/2/A113)
    1941-01-23 - 1941-01-23
    1 photographic print-b & w
    1 Paper
    file

Kathleen is at the same address, dob 2/10/1913