Author Topic: help with tracking down Barlaston RAF war hero F/Sgt J.W.Stazaker  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
help with tracking down Barlaston RAF war hero F/Sgt J.W.Stazaker
« on: Tuesday 29 July 14 10:02 BST (UK) »
I know the rules for tracking down still alive families ,but although this I am hoping that some one can help me out eventualy with a PM's. 

I am searching for the family of F/Sgt James William Stazaker ,RAF(VR) who's age was 23 when he was tragically killed in a crash with a Lancaster bomber over Best(Village near Eindhoven in The Netherlands) on the 8th February 1945. James William Stazaker is the Son of James William and Esther Stazaker, of Barlaston, Staffordshire. He rest together with his fellow crew comrades at Eindhoven(Woensel) General Cemetery (War grave section). I know that he was with 83 squadron and he was a Midupper gunner from a Lancaster bomber coded PB181. Over Eindhoven the bomber struck another bomber of 97 Squadron and both went down to earth which costs the lives of 15 young airmen. The most of them i am in touch with the relatives but I haven't any luck to track down Stazaker's family. I am hoping on your proffesional help.

Regards and Thank you so much for any help,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: help with tracking down Barlaston RAF war hero F/Sgt J.W.Stazaker
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hi

Esther was nee Mason and James appears to have been their only child as per freebmd

His parents married in 1916.  Esther died in 1956 and James snr in 1970 - both in Stoke on Trent
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 August 14 11:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole,

Sorry about my late reply but was out for a short break.  Many ,Many Thanks for your reply. Means this I have no further look for family of James Stazaker??? 

Regards,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 August 14 19:44 BST (UK) »
His parents may have had siblings but they will all be deceased by now.  There are no direct descendants from his parents or James himself

His father was b 1894 in Stoke on Trent and his mother 1898 Stoke

The 1901 shows his father had 3 siblings at that time but you would have to view the 1911 to see if any more were born after 1901

Elsie 5
Horace 3  - died 1958 Stafford
George 8 Months - died 1962 Stafford

Esther is indexed as Moson in 1901 - siblings at that time

Elizabeth  17
Samuel  15
James H  11
William 9
George H 6
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Rudolf H B

• RootsChat Veteran
  • His gt grandchildren KIA on both sides in WW1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 August 14 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Adrian,

there might be cousins, nephews and relatives of James.

This might be helpful: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/100147343425867767023/100147343425867767023/posts/b2FfB1PZfr1 The post will be shared tomorrow and addressed to 4 000 followers.

Best regards
Rudolf

NB: If you have need for an excavating team, google for Lancaster ED 427 and send PM.
Goldschmidt; Gregory, Maude, Nancy Price, Welby (UK),
Goldschmidt > Goldsmith, Benetta, Bloom, Gillis, McDonough, Moses, Wheaton (Australia / NZ),
Spatz & Henderson (Greater London),
Herbert Spatz MC > H. Spence MC (Salisbury),
Spatz > Spence, Nichols. Kidd (Bromley > Manchester South, India),
Spatz > Spaatz (Boyertown, PA - USA),
Engel & Joly (Philadelphia, PA - USA).
Kummerer (London, Chicago & Australia).

WW1 - Cousins Killed in Action in the Australian, English, French & German Armies

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 03 August 14 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Rudolf,

Yes it could be that there are cousins, nephews of James Stazaker that's why i started this topic to help me.  I don't understand your link and no I don't need an excavating team. Why do you think i need one??

Regards,
Adrian