Author Topic: Madeleine Eugenie Emilie Stephany was a Catholic, she was born Antwerp Belgium  (Read 21835 times)

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Madeleine Eugenie Emilie Stephany was a Catholic, she was born Antwerp Belgium
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 20:49 BST (UK) »
PS And ignore the heading Madeline etc etc don't know who that is and why it is in my titles!!!!

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Madeleine Eugenie Emilie Stephany was a Catholic, she was born Antwerp Belgium
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 21:55 BST (UK) »

On Familysearch  https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&countryId=1927071
Petrus Danckaert  his birth : 17/07/1817 Koksijde - page 9v / (in French Coxyde), West-Vlaanderen / West Flanders  (image 125)
Joanna Josepha Hoefmans birth : 12/08/1828 - n° 39  Doel, Oost-Vlaanderen / East Flanders  (image 189)
marriage : 13/06/1855 Doel - n° 5  (image 55)  marriage supplements  1855 Doel - n° 5 ( image 82 up and including image 85 (left page of image 85))
Barnes  -  Bezzell  -  O'Farell  -  Smith - Pluquet
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 22:17 BST (UK) »
Oh Leen I split it into two words So I had Coxy  de Province whch I thought meant Coxy of Province Makes sense when you say it !!. I definitely need language lessons.

Just looked at Antwerp this afternoon and cannot believe we have never visited the city How beautiful it is. I am putting it on my to visit list. It isn't too far to come.

Pam x

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
R
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 22:19 BST (UK) »
Sorry Leen I've entered my username again. I am so used to using this on my other English sites such as Pam pam56 etc but I registered in my name of Gaynor on here for some reason, not meaning to be disrespectful to you.

Gaynor x

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 23:13 BST (UK) »
Yes Gaynor-Pam-Gaynor I’m confused  ;D  not about  the name or title (which is from Wave Watcher), but about Joannes Baptiste Gallemaert and Clara Van Vaeter.
I did check the Antwerp Police Immigration Index too (also on the name DE GRAEF, see below), as you said there should be a ‘file’ for them, unless they lived in Antwerp before 1840 (filles start from 1840).
Even more confusing : they have 3 childeren born before the marriage and recognized and legitimated by marriage :   
- Josephus  DE GRAEF   born 08/08/1855 Brussels  (birth cert n° 3187 - image 390)
- Antonius  GALLEMAERT 30/07/1857 Antwerp
- Catharina DE GRAEF  03/05/1860 Antwerp
on Josephus De Graef his birthcert is his mother Clara Van Vaeter listed as Clara DE GRAEF (didn’t check the others yet).
Clara was born 05/11/1828 Ukkel (n° 158 - image 225) as Clara Van Vaeter, mother Joanna Maria Van Vaeter.   ???

Ukkel / Uccle, Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest / Région de Bruxelles-Capitale / Brussels Capital Region - films Ukkel on familysearch see Belgium, Brabant

groetjes
Leen
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 27 August 15 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Leen

Please don't tell me you're confused  :'( that means there is no hope for me!!

Am I confused yes definitely I was trying to transcribe the marriage supplements and was confused over Petrus birth as one said Doel & the other (Coxye?) Also who is Isabella Rosalia Ghyselen?? she pops up twice. Totally confused. I will get back to you tomorrow as I have been out all day trying to help find some accommodation for my granddaughter who is off to uni in 2 weeks. She is going to study Geo Physics & Russian (hmm maybe I could persuade her to learn Dutch/Flemish instead lol!)
I am totally shattered and need my shower, hot chocolate & bed in that order!
Goodnight and I will speak to you tomorrow and explain a bit better.
Pam x

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Friday 28 August 15 16:10 BST (UK) »
marriage supplements P.J Danckaert and J.J Hoefmans

image 82
Before Mr. Petrus Josephus FLOOR, Notary Public, residing in the city Veurne, principal place of the arrondissement, province of West Flanders, and the witnesses named hereafter;  Has appeared Isabelle GHYSELEN, living in the municipality of Koksijde, widow of Mr Franciscus DANCKAERT,  whose first names were listed on his death entry as  Franciscus Augustinus. Who declared hereby to consent in to the marriage planned by her son Mr Petrus Jacobus DANCKAERT, born at Koksijde on the 17th June 1817, custom officer, stationed at Doel; with Josephine Jeannette HOEFMANS, living at Doel, daughter of Petrus Franciscus and of Joanne Marie MOREL, or with any other he prefers.  Willing that, both in her absence or presence, the marriage before the civil registrar should take place as if she would give here consent on the day itself. Whereof this original deed has been issued. Drawn up and executed at the office in Veurne on the 2nd May 1855, in the presence of Mr Franciscus GOOS, shoemaker and Franciscus D’HONDT, locksmith, both living in the city Veurne, requested witnesses.This deed has been read aloud, the appearer has declared not being able to write or to sign and the witnesses have signed with the Notary.

marriage supplement image 83
In the year 1817, the 18th of the month July at 9 o’clock in the morning, before us Charles CORNILLE, Mayor, officer of the civil registration of the municipality Koksijde, canton and arrondissement of Veurne, province of West Flanders, has appeared : Franciscus DANCKAERT, gardener, 44 years old, born at Veurne and living in this parish of Koksijde, who has shown us a child of the male gender, born yesterday the 27th of this month July at 8 o’clock in the evening, from him the declarant and from Isabella GHIJSELEN, his wife, 34 years old, born at Wulpen, and to which he has declared he want to give the first names of Petrus Jacobus, the aforesaid declaration and presentation done in the presence of Augustinus MOREL, innkeeper, 45 years old, living in Veurne and of Peter MAES, policeman, living in Koksijde, 32 years old. The father and the two witnesses have signed this act after it was read out to them /: signed / Francis Danckaert, A:Morel, Pieter Maes and C.L Cornille
certified true copy, issued at Koksijde, the 7th June 1850, the Mayor, F.Declercq

marriage supplement image 84
In the year 1846, the 3d November at 3 o’clock in the afternoon, before us Franciscus DECLERCQ, Mayor, officer of the civil registration of the municipality Koksijde, arrondissement Veurne, province West Flanders, have appeared : Benignus LEPEIRE, town clerck, 32 years old, living in Veurne and Aloysius KESTEMAN, sacristan, 24 years old, living in Koksijde, acquaintances of the deceased, which comparants have decleared that Franciscus Augustinus DANCKAERT, farmer, ca 73 years old, born at Veurne and living in Koksijde, son of the late Pieter and the late Marie RONSE, lawful (or is it legal) husband of Isabella Rosalia GHIJSELEN, farmer, born at Wulpen, living in Koksijde; has died yesterday at 1 o’clock in the afternoon in the house at Koksijde. The appearers have signed this act with us after it was read out. /: signed/ B.Lepeire, A.Kesteman and F.Declercq   
certified true copy, issued at Koksijde, the 24th April 1855, the Mayor, officer of the civil registration, F.Declercq

(hmm maybe I could persuade her to learn Dutch/Flemish instead lol!)

I wouldn’t do that Gaynor, ‘thanks’ to your husband’s eye you know where to go for a dutch source when needed, a russian one can be useful too and less painful  ;D

Leen

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Leen
I bet you thought I had collapsed under the strain of it all lol  ;D Well had stress trying to sort granddaughter's lodgings for university. Nowhere to rent so husband suggested going all the way to  Surrey to look around. Finally found 4 other girls with no lodgings so put a deposit on a 4 bed house to rent paid deposit etc then landlord tells us it is already rented!!!! Got deposits back and trudged back home only to find an email from uni to say they now had a room for her what!!!! three days & money wasted. What made it worst is she has gone to Greece for a week and so also rushing around to get her stuff she needs for uni. House is soooooo quiet & calm now and I can get back to what is important lol lol

Well all I can say say is BIG THANK YOU
You have really gone to some trouble to help me and I really really cannot thank you enough. It's people like you who restores human faith in people. Going to digest it a bit more then I will look at Parish Registers tonight to find a marriage for Pieter & Marie. (Hope they're indexed lol) Will look at State Archives like you suggested.

Think I need to go and make a coffee and have a good read of all the info you sent me & once again thank you so much. Wish you needed some England help so I could return the favour.

Kind Regards
Gaynor

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 03 September 15 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Leen

Spent yesterday looking for Pieter & Maria's marriage but couldn't find anything but not sure when & where they married so that could be looking for a needle in a haystack so to speak.

That was interesting about the Gallemart marriage though so I might try and follow that lead. I wonder why they didn't get married and why her surname kept changing> I wondered if she had been married before or lived with someone and that is where the DE Graff comes from. Interesting?

Slow start this morning as I have overslept, not surprising though after my hectic days! Just having my morning coffee and then I will be ready to tackle the Gallemaerts lol.
Kind Regards
Gaynor