Author Topic: Baptismal lookup please for John William Tee 1886  (Read 2010 times)

Offline htr114

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baptismal lookup please for John William Tee 1886
« on: Friday 01 August 14 17:29 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am posting from Canada and hoping someone is able to look up a baptismal for my Mother's Grandfather, John William Tee born on May 15, 1886.  His parents were Joseph Tee and Hannah Beeby and he was born in Farcet.  I am also trying to determine what church he and his family belonged to and what religion he was.  I would greatly appreciate any help. 
John William Tee birth registered Sep qtr 1886 Peterborough RD
Ref 3b Page:   221

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Baptismal lookup please for John William Tee 1886
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 August 14 18:05 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

Can't help with the baptism but Hannah died June qtr 1890 aged 34 and Joseph re-married December qtr 1890 to Sarah Brown
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 August 14 13:24 BST (UK) »
Joseph Tee and Hannah Beeby were married at Stanground, adjoining Farcet, on 19 Oct 1875 (per http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/Search.pl). Farcet and Stanground baptisms up to 1876 are also on Freereg but there are no Tees. The LDS hasn't filmed either Farcet or Stanground parish registers after 1876 nor is a transcript available from Hunts FHS.

You need to contact Huntingdon Archives Research Service for their assistance (charges are reasonable) to see if John was baptised in the Established Church. Do you have an inkling that perhaps he was non-conformist?

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline htr114

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 August 14 13:25 BST (UK) »
John William Tee states at least twice that he is Catholic but I suspect he converted later in life that is why I would like to know in what religion he was baptised and what religion his family practised.  Do you know if his parents were married in a church in Stanground and what is was?  I would appreciate any insight you might be able to give to me and I will check out the Huntingdon Archives Research Services.  Thank you for the information.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 August 14 13:34 BST (UK) »
Info from GenUKI:
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/HUN/Stanground/index.html
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/HUN/Farcet/index.html

FARCET, The modern parish of Farcet was originally a chapelry of Stanground. A separate ecclesiastical parish was established in 1851, and a separate civil parish was formed in 1866. The parish lies to the south of Stanground in which it formerly lay. It extends to the old county boundary on the east and adjoins Ramsey on the south-east, and Holme/Glatton on the south-west. At its southern corner, it includes part of the area which was formerly called Whittlesea Mere. In 1886, a detached portion of Stanground, at Kingsdelph and Eight Roods, was added to the parish. Other civil boundary changes took place in 1935.

The following are available in the Huntingdon Records Office.

St John the Baptist, Stanground

Baptisms: 1538-1643 (includes a few entries 1644-1662), 1653-1657, 1660-1812, 1813-1844, 1845-1870, 1870-1895, 1895-1921, 1921-1944, 1944-1959, 1959-1979.

All Saints Church, Forcett

Baptisms: 1641-1812, 1813-1849, 1850-1884, 1884-1927.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 03 August 14 14:03 BST (UK) »
St John the Baptist, Stanground was an Anglican church.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk