Author Topic: Bolton and Bowman from Kilmood, Ballygowan/ Newtownards.  (Read 5154 times)

Offline gerig

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bolton and Bowman from Kilmood, Ballygowan/ Newtownards.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 31 May 18 05:16 BST (UK) »
     Sorry.  Date of marriage wrong. James Bolton and Mary Ann bowman married in Newtownards in 1872.  My grandfather William James Bolton was born in 1873.  He married Mary Anne Rainey in 1894 Belfast vol 1, page 368.  Mary Anne Rainey was the daughter of John Rainey and Margaret Maxwell.  I am sure these are the people you are looking for. ;)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 May 18 09:19 BST (UK) »
     Sorry.  Date of marriage wrong. James Bolton and Mary Ann bowman married in Newtownards in 1872.  My grandfather William James Bolton was born in 1873.  He married Mary Anne Rainey in 1894 Belfast vol 1, page 368.  Mary Anne Rainey was the daughter of John Rainey and Margaret Maxwell.  I am sure these are the people you are looking for. ;)

Did you know most of the vital records are online now? Scanned images of births 1864-1916, marriages 1870-1940 (up to 1921 for N.I. counties), death 1878-1965 (again 1921 for N.I.).
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Jane_K

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 31 May 18 15:33 BST (UK) »
Mary Anne Rainey and William James Bolton married in Newtownards in 1873 were my grandmother and grandfather and I lived in their house in Belfast during the Second World War.  They went on to have nine children, eight of whom survived. They had twentyone grandchildren.  Grandfather died about 1955 and grandmother about 1965.

Jane.k was seeking information in 2014 but I just came across the rootschat yesterday.  I could give more information if I knew who I was talking to or what country they were in. Grandmother had a sister who went to Australia and married someone called Viney.

Hi, I am a Great Grandaughter of Mary Anne and William James. Whereabouts in Belfast did you live with them? Which of their children are you descended from?

Hope to hear back from you soon.
Tranter, Palmer, McAleese, Wallace, Bolton, Bowman

Offline gerig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 31 May 18 15:49 BST (UK) »
I have never been on rootschat before and am not sure what is allowed and not allowed.  Please let me know who your ancestor was and I will let you know if it is a match.  Also what country you are in.

Offline Jane_K

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 31 May 18 16:06 BST (UK) »
I have never been on rootschat before and am not sure what is allowed and not allowed.  Please let me know who your ancestor was and I will let you know if it is a match.  Also what country you are in.

Think anything goes (withing reason) and I have told you who my Great Grandparents are, I am in UK. Sorry if I sound evasive but with the internet I like to be careful with information I give out, have sent a message to your inbox.

Offline gerig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 31 May 18 17:21 BST (UK) »
No you didn't put me off.  I agree with you but I think I have worked out where you fit in. You must be one of uncle Bill and aunt Jenny's great ? Grandchildren.   Kilkeel.  I have only got back to the same as you on the Bolton, Bowman side but I managed to get back to 1808 on the Rainey side because I knew he had been in the British army and a genealogist in London located his army papers.
His name wasn't Rainey it was Maxwell.  Mary Anne's grandfather.  We are limited because of the open forum but don't know how to overcome that.

Offline Jane_K

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 31 May 18 17:37 BST (UK) »
No you didn't put me off.  I agree with you but I think I have worked out where you fit in. You must be one of uncle Bill and aunt Jenny's great ? Grandchildren.   Kilkeel.  I have only got back to the same as you on the Bolton, Bowman side but I managed to get back to 1808 on the Rainey side because I knew he had been in the British army and a genealogist in London located his army papers.
His name wasn't Rainey it was Maxwell.  Mary Anne's grandfather.  We are limited because of the open forum but don't know how to overcome that.

That explains why I have struggled with the Raineys! Can I ask where in Belfast you lived with your Grandparents? If you don't want to say on the forum reply to my inbox message with the answer as only you and I can see those and you could please let me know your name. :)

Offline gerig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 31 May 18 17:44 BST (UK) »
I will have to wait until my children or grandchildren are around as I don't know how to do that.  This is new to me but you need to tell me which cousin, just first name will do.  There were ten.

Offline Jane_K

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 31 May 18 17:53 BST (UK) »
I will have to wait until my children or grandchildren are around as I don't know how to do that.  This is new to me but you need to tell me which cousin, just first name will do.  There were ten.
  Billy (who was married to Pearl) was my uncle