Author Topic: Butterfields of Haworth, Stanbury, Keighley and Bingley  (Read 24638 times)

Offline sallyyorks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Butterfields of Haworth, Stanbury, Keighley and Bingley
« Reply #90 on: Thursday 03 August 17 15:49 BST (UK) »
Some Butterfield Y haplo DNA results from two different projects. Not sure what it all means, but might be some help along the way.

Butterfield DNA Project
https://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/butterfield/results

and

University of Leicester
'We analysed the Y chromosomes of 1678 men carrying 40 British surnames...'
http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/genetics/people/king/surnames-and-the-y-chromosome
http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/genetics/people/king/images-and-networks/butterfield

Offline Sherry10

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Friday 04 August 17 07:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sally for pointing this out - it looks such an interesting study. I wrote to them to ask for more details, as I have the DNA results from my Butterfield line, and permission to use them, but the mail bounced back - 'Email address not recognised.' Pity.

Offline Sherry10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Friday 04 August 17 07:22 BST (UK) »
Found a more updated email address so have got a message through. Will update you on any developments.

Offline Sherry10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Saturday 25 November 17 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sally, sorry I’ve  been so long getting back to you. I’ve heard from the lady who ran the study but the DNA didn’t match any tested. I’ve now ordered a test from Ancestry for my brother and myself so let’s see if we can get any further,

Offline sallyyorks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Saturday 25 November 17 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sally, sorry I’ve  been so long getting back to you. I’ve heard from the lady who ran the study but the DNA didn’t match any tested. I’ve now ordered a test from Ancestry for my brother and myself so let’s see if we can get any further,

Thanks for getting back. That's interesting Sherry.
Am I right in thinking this might be connected to all the illegitimacy in the records? What do you think?

Offline Sherry10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Sunday 26 November 17 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Could be. Fingers crossed! There is some useful info about using DNA to knock down brick walls on Peter Calver’s (free) lost cousin website:
https://www.lostcousins.com/newsletters2/latenov17news.htm

Offline Alders

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Friday 09 November 18 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I've had a quick look, & wonder if anyone has done any research or knows of a Butterfield family in Bingley. They are Thomas Butterfield b appx 1771 a widower who married Sarah Wood in Bingley 1813, they had 4 children Thomas 1814, John 1818, Hannah 1820 & Benjamin 1824. In 1841 Thomas Snr Hannah & Benjamin are living in Mortimer Row, Bradford Moor.
Thans.
Byrne, Butterfield, Gilbert, Sutcliffe, Furey, Alderson, Warham, to name a few!

Offline Martin seymour

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Friday 10 September 21 19:25 BST (UK) »
Hi all I'm looking into the butterfields from Bradford, West Yorkshire. My gran was a Gladys Butterfield the daughter of a Joseph Butterfield. My gran was married several times so known as etherington lanham and Butterfield also. She was born about 1911/1912 I can't say who her mum was as I'm stuck at getting past her in my ancestry. She had several children to a Joseph etherington but wasn't married to my grandad Robert Seymour where she had my dad and his brother. I know some of the butterfields went to the states. I've done my DNA and have alot of names appear but not sure if my dad's maternal or paternal side.