Author Topic: John Cleary ,Castledawson Derry/Londonderry.  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Cleary ,Castledawson Derry/Londonderry.
« on: Wednesday 06 August 14 07:38 BST (UK) »
Hi im tracking a John Cleary whos son Edward settled and married a Hannah McKeever(father Pat was born 1851 in Armagh ) in Anderston ,Glasgow 1904. His marriage lines say his mother is Eliza McKenna but death cert says Mary with father John both times. On 1901 cencus in Ireland it looks as though Edward is staying with his brother John and 2 sisters plus grandparents John and Mary  who are in there 70,s and 60,s..
 Wondering if his parents have died or left as they were in early 20,s to late teens . My mother in law now 70 remembers going to Castledawson as a young girl as her grandad Edward owned a home there but nothing else .Cant seem to connect Edward1881 with his parents or them with John 1829  . Any help would be greatly appreciated.Raymie :-)
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline glensman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: John Cleary ,Castledawson Derry/Londonderry.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 10:34 BST (UK) »
Groni's online records show the birth of Edward Cleary on 19 May 1881 and registered in Magherafelt District.  Mother's name is McKenna.  Payment needed to see full record.

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 10:58 BST (UK) »
Hi

I see a John Cleary registered 15th Jan 1879, father John, mother Eliza McKenna also a Mary Cleary 1877, Castledawson, same parents

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FPQ1-NX1

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGVF-831

Regards

McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 11:15 BST (UK) »
Cheers glensman, will check that out and looks like him . Is that a site Groni,s ?  Yeah i spotted they that on Familysearch too but wanting a link for Edward to his father and mother . Have the gran and grandad John and Mary  in 1901 aged 72 and 62 .  Been waiting on some info from my mother in laws older brother but taking forever . thanks to you both and will try Groni,s :-)
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline glensman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 11:25 BST (UK) »
Sorry I should have given you the GRONI link  This is it:

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

You can search for free but need to buy some credits to see the full record.  Cost per view is £2.

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 06 April 17 21:18 BST (UK) »
Found out Edward Cleary had went home to Castledawson and bought a house in New Row , Castledawson which he used to take family from Glasgow to when visiting . From his grandson ,he says he went over as a child and he remembers stories of how his grandfather was orphaned and brought up by his grandparents .Thanks for previous help.

Offline Oneday

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 19 April 17 01:08 BST (UK) »
I've seen plenty of McKeever surname in the Magherafelt Catholic search records available through NLI.

I have family from the same area and from memory haven't connected to the McKeever's as yet.

What other surnames do you have?