Author Topic: Hope in Flintshire  (Read 3337 times)

Offline barbarai

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Hope in Flintshire
« on: Saturday 09 August 14 21:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, does anybody have access to the parish records for Hope? I am looking for the baptism of Thomas Mort, (Malt/Mault) born about 1807, his father was Benjamin and i think his mother may of been Mary, I have found baptisms for his siblings, the family were living in Rhanberfedd, but had the children baptised in Hope and his parents were buried there.
Thank you
Phillips- monmouthshire & Kent, Ilsley- Berkshire & London, Reed- Lambeth & London, Drake- London, Eke- Norfolk, Martin-London,Gilson- Essex, Hubbard-Suffolk, Pevan-Russia, Gordon-I.O.W & Kent, Richardson-London & Essex, Willis-Bristol & London, Arthur -Devon & London, Burch-Beds & Herts., Bunce-Bucks & Herts, Hewey- London.

Offline jillrose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hope in Flintshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 May 16 12:04 BST (UK) »
Dear Barbarai

I've only recently joined Rootschat and started to go through requests to see if I can give any help anywhere.   Here is the baptism you wanted:

Hope:  22 Feb 1807 bap/o Thomas MAULT (born 10)
           s/o Benjamin & Mary (WILLIAMS of Rhanberfedd), abode Rhanberfedd

There are other entries on my website in connection with this surname, and some variations - you'll find them under the surname MOLD.

You might also like to take a peek at entries under the name MALT which generally speaking is a feminine Welsh first name.

Best wishes

Jillrose
www.clwydsurnames.org.uk 

Offline barbarai

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hope in Flintshire
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 May 16 17:57 BST (UK) »
HI,
Wow, thank you for that, another brick wall down  ;D
Phillips- monmouthshire & Kent, Ilsley- Berkshire & London, Reed- Lambeth & London, Drake- London, Eke- Norfolk, Martin-London,Gilson- Essex, Hubbard-Suffolk, Pevan-Russia, Gordon-I.O.W & Kent, Richardson-London & Essex, Willis-Bristol & London, Arthur -Devon & London, Burch-Beds & Herts., Bunce-Bucks & Herts, Hewey- London.