Author Topic: Hendry family graves in Fauldhouse, Whitburn, West Lothian area?  (Read 2576 times)

Offline sills

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hendry family graves in Fauldhouse, Whitburn, West Lothian area?
« on: Sunday 10 August 14 20:57 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the graves of members of the Hendry family born in the Carnwath area of Scotland, and especially Michael Hendry b.1814 Wilsontown died 1854, who was living in the parish of Whitburn, West Lothian, in 1851 census,at an address of School Row. Other places of residence for Hendry family were Wilsontown, Forth, Fauldhouse,but I have not been successful in searching cemeteries in that area. ( Michael Hendry was married to Isabella Mark, who after his death, took their children to the USA and settled in Utah. I am a descendant in the US, will be visiting Scotland in Sept, hoping to visit the graves of my ancestors.  Any help would be appreciated.
      Sills

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hendry family graves in Fauldhouse, Whitburn, West Lothian area?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 August 14 22:19 BST (UK) »
Sills,  try this,  http://www.memento-mori.co.uk/

Skoosh.

Offline mosstrooper

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Hendry family graves in Fauldhouse, Whitburn, West Lothian area?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 23:58 BST (UK) »
All the places you mention are out on the Moors, the only place I know that has a Church Yard and Burial ground is Forth, or Whitburn. They are former Coal Mining Villages. Using Google Street View you can take a little tour and prepare yourself for the visit.

West Lothian Cemeteries office are very helpful and will take a phone call with a view to making a search of the records if you can give Names. Years, and areas. Generally there is no charge.

http://www.westlothian.gov.uk/article/3793/NETs-Land--Countryside-Services-Cemeteries-Office

James.   who lives in the area.

PS,   Some of the villages may be over the county border in Lanarkshire.