Author Topic: Timothy Leech,Connaught Ranger.  (Read 5268 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Timothy Leech,Connaught Ranger.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 07 September 16 17:42 BST (UK) »
top marriage here Timothy to Maria Hamilton and his father is Michael not William as i originally posted
so John ,Christopher and Timothy appear to be brothers
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1883/10935/5995949

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 07 September 16 17:50 BST (UK) »

Offline john kenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 11:45 BST (UK) »
g'day all. sean kenny here in sydney, australia. my grandmother is marykate leech. all the info i read now in your pages ties in with what i have found. i grew up on kennelsfort rd, palmerstown and only now realise how many connections we have in the area.

for now,
sean

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 11 August 17 18:04 BST (UK) »

Offline john kenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 13 August 17 11:01 BST (UK) »
Yes that's correct Dathai. Joseph then went back into the British army RFA-regiment no. 65563-rank gunner-ref, 372/7/193669. served in egypt 1917-1919, salonica 1916-1917, france 1914-1916, india 1912-1914. he left in 1923 & they raised a family in Inchicore-5 children lived my mother was the eldest then anne, timothy, edward & liam but sadly mam always said 5 died but I seem to have 6 on paperwork. joseph's father was also in the BA along with 2 of his brothers johnand william ,I do not know about patrick his other brother as yet. Mary Catherine also joined the BA in 1917, her no. is 35466 womens army aux. corps.urlhttp://search.findmypast.com.au(for us here)record. I also played a friendly against Mick Leech about 1973 in Palmerstown, nice bloke too. We used to catch the bus home from the Christian brothers in ballier and wait for it at the pub on the liffey at chapelizod where often a lady from around the corner in ST. laurences tce would say hello, mam said she was one of us surname Leech. Too much to talk about, please keep in touch. Bye for now, sean

Offline john kenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 11:02 BST (UK) »
hello again from oz, I know that anne mahery(marrey) was my mother's aunt annie & she married mick white. They lived on carrow rd, in crumlin. do you all know this as I have more info.

sean kenny

Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed n accordance with RootsChat practice, to prevent others abusing or spamming it.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thanks