Author Topic: Searching for info on Edward Seberry  (Read 5763 times)

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for info on Edward Seberry
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 August 14 12:26 BST (UK) »

Offline sarahmcmast3r

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 August 14 13:40 BST (UK) »
I was looking for things like a more exact date of birth, death and who he was married to and when they were married.
I think he was born approx. 1822 and was mentioned in the 1901 census, so died sometime after that.... His wife was dead by this point though as the census states he was a widower.

Thanks

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 August 14 15:06 BST (UK) »
Since there's more than one Edward Siberry (under various spellings) in the area- how are you sure the one in 1901 census is 'yours'?

The closest possible death for the Edward in 1901 census that I could find was registered Oct./Dec.1928 Manorhamilton district- index gave his age as 87 but it's not uncommon for ages in census and death records to be incorrect.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FTJT-D3F
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline sarahmcmast3r

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 14 August 14 17:34 BST (UK) »
Since there's more than one Edward Siberry (under various spellings) in the area- how are you sure the one in 1901 census is 'yours'?

The closest possible death for the Edward in 1901 census that I could find was registered Oct./Dec.1928 Manorhamilton district- index gave his age as 87 but it's not uncommon for ages in census and death records to be incorrect.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FTJT-D3F

I'm sure that one is mine, as the rest of the people in the census are the people that are in my family.

Could it be then that, that record is for his death? Even though in the census he is 79 (born 1822), is it reasonable that they were 20 years out with his birth...?