Author Topic: CAPTAIN MOSES WHITTIER (1850-1912) of Webster, New Hampshire  (Read 2710 times)

Offline MaineGirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
CAPTAIN MOSES WHITTIER (1850-1912) of Webster, New Hampshire
« on: Friday 15 August 14 17:44 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have a photo of Captain Moses Whittier or his wife Olive (Eager) Whittier, who lived in Webster, New Hampshire, during the late 1800s through the early 1900s. Any age from 20 - 80 would be fine. I believe they are buried in Riverdale Cemetery in Webster, but I already have a grave photo. I'm looking for casual or formal portrait photos or a photo of their farm circa 1900. Just for context, Moses parents were Mark Whittier and Betsey Dustin. Thanks!

Meredith

Offline MarjP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: CAPTAIN MOSES WHITTIER (1850-1912) of Webster, New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 February 15 22:34 GMT (UK) »
I live in Webster, NH and have a 1910 NH newspaper clipping which has a photo of  Moses & Olive.
It is faded yellow some as most old newspapers are.   I could photo copy it for you if you wish.  The article is long so I will need to copy it in sections.  Marj

Offline MaineGirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 February 15 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marj,

Thank you so much for responding to my request. I would love to have a copy of the photo and article about Moses and his wife Olive. In fact, I’d love to know more about their lives in general. Copying it in sections is fine, as I’m adept at Photoshop and can piece the segments together. I’m not sure what the next action should be, as I haven’t used RootsChat in quite awhile. Is there a way I could get a personal, non-public message to you? If you plan to send paper copy to me, I can send you my street address. If you’re able to acquire a quality xerox or digital scan and I’m able to enhance it, I’d be happy to send a reprint or digital copy back to you as a back-up to your original.

Moses’s daughter Alice J. Whittier was the wife of my great grandfather, Henry Chase Davis, a lumberman in Davisville, Warner, NH. I don’t know if you have any interest in Alice, but I have records of her marriage and death and a story of her short life with Henry if you’re interested. I’m going to see if I can attach what we believe is a photo of her, which we found among our family’s possessions.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Meredith

Offline MarjP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 February 15 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Meredith,   I just signed up to answer you post, so I know little of RootsChat .  If you do Face Book search  Marjorie Blanchette and send me a private message.

Offline MaineGirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 February 15 03:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marj,

I don’t have a Facebook page of my own, so I sent you a message from my husband Barry’s Facebook page. He says he’ll keep an eye out for your name (hope I picked the right one) and will let me know.

Thanks again,  Meredith

P.S. Look for the name Barry Blanchard on Jennie Lane in Eliot, ME. He has dark hair and is a wallpaper hanger.

Offline MarjP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 February 15 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Meredith,   I have not gotten a request or found Barry's request.  But I Googled his name and found his business & address.  F T P XXXXXXXX   I will copy the newspaper article and attempt a photo for you and send it to that address.  Will send it by the end of next week.   Marj

Offline Priscilla

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Eccles (Hoylake / Exeter / Plymouth)
Hicks (Devonport, Plymouth)
Grafton (Exeter, Devon)
Harris (Marazion, Cornwall)
Collard (Yeovil, Somerset)
Johns (Devonport, Plymouth)
Lyle (Bude, Cornwall)

Offline MarjP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 28 January 16 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Meredith,

I've retired and found time today to work in my genealogy room today.   After about 2 hours I came across the newspaper article of your GG Grandparents Moses & Olive Whittier.

If you send me your address I will send it out ASAP.

Sorry for so long getting it found, but a 2 1/2 month Alaska trip this year and family needs, I'm just getting time to myself for genealogy.

Marj.
Webster, NH