Author Topic: Amelia / Elizabeth Mackie  (Read 6731 times)

Offline vabbott

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Amelia / Elizabeth Mackie
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 February 15 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
Amelia Mackie is my ggg grandmother She married Alex Fyfe a mason quite late in life. I too have had trouble finding her and I also tried finding death records for the pair. No luck there either. Family memories tell me that someone in the family emigrated and they had land in Maryland in USA There are deeds to this land (obviously worthless now) which are with an elderly relative but I cant seem to be able to get hold of them although they belonged to my mother Whether they will  name Amelia and Alex or not I don't know Could be a red herring. I've not managed to find them in Maryland perhaps there is travel records from Canada to usa? I have often wondered if Elizabeth and Amelia were sisters but cant find any clues. Amelia's son George was baptised George Smith his father being the local distiller at Benachie He changed his name to George Smith Mackie when he came to England. I did wonder if that was when Amelia died of perhaps emigrated so he changed his name. Havent helped you much have I? ???
Regards
Ronnie