Author Topic: Anne Jones  (Read 2885 times)

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anne Jones
« on: Wednesday 27 August 14 10:13 BST (UK) »
I don't know if you can help but I hope someone can help me I am searching for Anne Jones family.

Ann was baptised at Wellington 08.06.1747 youngest child of Francis and Eliza (Elizabeth).  Anne married Joseph Ferriday 26.08.1769 at Little Wenlock.  The certificate said Joseph was from Wellington and Ann was from Little Wenlock.

This is were it gets confusing.  There was another family of Jones's at Little Wenlock their parent's were also named Francis & Eliza (Elizabeth) they also had a daughter Ann in 1741 but I think she married Francis Tipton 31.12.1759 as one of the witnesses was Samuel Jones and she had an older brother named Samuel.

The date of the demise of Ann Ferriday 08.06.1806 at Wellington giving her age of 58 which is a match for the Wellington Anne Jones

I have been unable to establish a marriage for Francis Jones and Eliza (Elizabeth) around 1732.  There was one at Pontesbury but that couple seemed to stay in Pontesbury.

Francis and Eliza (Elizabeth) were both buried at Wellington but no ages were given

I think Francis was born 22.07.1711 at Wellington and his family were living at Carrs Lane parents William and Eliza?

Is anyone researching the same Jones family or can anyone help me to get this complex situation unraveled

Eileen ???