Author Topic: John NEISH-mason  (Read 11589 times)

Offline alisdair810

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John NEISH-mason
« Reply #18 on: Monday 24 November 14 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Warble!!
There are still an awful lot of "Neish" alive looking for more information on Fowlfolds and the constant stream of Neish who seemed to live there. The L shaped structure at the left of the well looks most likely to be the photo I have seen from Aberdeen Council archive.
(I am in the daft position of downed computer at the moment, Using a little Linux Note, as soon as I can resurrect the archive off my old hard drives I will send you what I have historically.)
Meanwhile thank you for another lead in the rev William Hay's documents.
As you will be aware records before this time can be very vague and we have a 40/50 year break back to the previous family in the area. Records show us being at this farm from about 1735 ish to about 1900. Do you have any Neish in your family history or any connection with the new town of "Burghead"? Possibly from around 1890 on? Are you a local by any chance?

Offline Cath Rebecca Nisbet Rendall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 03 October 15 12:34 BST (UK) »
Hi I am looking for any information on a Margaret Niesh born 13/11/1892 this was my grandmother if anyone can help please get in touch she could of also been known as Margaret Niesh nisbet

Offline alisdair810

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 05 October 15 22:29 BST (UK) »
I can probably help you Cath. Do you have any further details or an area? How certain are you of that date? Do you have any certificates?  UPDATE:  Now found a lady from Dumbarton or Dumbartonshire that could be her, but I have a 1891 birth could your date be christening or similar? There is a tie in with Nisbet but I dont know quite what yet. Will try to find out.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 06 October 15 11:13 BST (UK) »
Hi yes that could possibly be her, I know my father nathaniel NISBET was born in Dumbarton shire, my grandmother was married twice first to a Daniel mcreedy he was in World War One and unfortunately was killed, they had 2 children Peter mcreedy and George mcreedy who I under stand was a POW, then she married Thomas NISBET and had 6 more children, Thomas who I understand was a desert rat, Margaret, nathaniel my father, Alexander,James,and William,unfortunately I don't have any certificates, I do understand that my grandmother Margaret Niesh her father was a captain on a ship, anything you can find out will be gratley appreciated can't wait to hear from you

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 06 October 15 11:21 BST (UK) »
I also know she died in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1986 at the age of 94 that's how I came to her date of birth of 13/11/1892 but it's possible the information I got from my uncle is wrong, woul like to know more about her family , where she came from her parents siblings ect if you can possibly help me, I can be reached by telephone if that's a help, 01919088195, 07749505683, once again thank you ever so much for you help and your time

Offline alisdair810

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 23:31 BST (UK) »
Hi, back on your case. Sorry for the delay, lost your question in the earlier post you linked into. Now that I have found the thread again, I am back on the search.

Offline alisdair810

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 23 October 15 21:54 BST (UK) »
I might be able to go back further to about 1770 as your family are part of our E1 (Edinburgh tree), but for now:-
George Neish, Blacksmith, B 1804 in Athlone Westmeath Ireland, D 1878, M 1826 Isabella Patience, 
parents of
George Angus Neish, B 1835 in Lothian, M 1859 and 1871, D after 1897, and Martha McMillan parents of 3 children,
John 1865 to after 1932,
Margaret McMillan Qapple Neish 1862 to 1934 and
George McMillan Neish B 1859 D 1926 M 1883 Shipfitter, riveter, labourer in dumbarton, Cardross, Clydebank and New Kilpatrick. Married Jemma Stuart Spiers and 5 children followed.
Isabella, 1894 to 1966 M 1915, James Spiers neish 1885 to 1962 M 1914, Jemima speirs 1896 to 1971 M 1924, John 1887 to 1923 M 1919, and your Gran
Margaret Thorburn Neish, B 1891 D your date 1986, M 1912 and 1918, Lived Paisley, Barrhead, Blythswood, Newcastle
M1 Daniel McReady 2 kids,
M2 Thomas Nesbit 6 kids,
The downside of the one name listing is shortage of information on children who do not carry the Neish name, so you may need to help me try and find more about Margarets 8. Did any of them have a Neish middle name? When did she move to Newcastle area?
I have certificate numbers for most of this information but have no access to the certificates myself.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 24 October 15 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm not sure when my grandmother moved to Newcastle but I am quite sure you have the correct family, my brother who is now deceased had the middle name Peter SPIERS nisbet, we also know a number of the family spelt NISBET as Nesbit ,I also know my gran had 2 kids to her first husband Peter and George (dodie) my father was born in her second marriage nathanial NISBET, anything you can find out will be a great help, I've also heard on my grandmothers side (Neish) her grandfather or great grandfather was a captain on a ship? Please find out what you can for me I really appreciate what you have done up till now I have also been told my grandfather Thomas NISBET his brother was a priest or had something to do with the church

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 24 October 15 12:21 BST (UK) »
For got to mention the location, my grandfathers brother who I mentioned earlier (NISBET) was a priest or had something to do with the church in Dumbartonshire,I also have been told my grandfather Thomas NISBET his father was killed when he was 6 on a railway trying to save a horse? Hope this helps you