Author Topic: Marriage record help  (Read 4795 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage record help
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 28 August 14 11:03 BST (UK) »
How do you work that out, is it possible on FamilySearch or do you need a sub somewhere, or is it because it's Londonderry so on one of the Northern Ireland sites? I always struggle with this matching business.

It's a combination of database searches. In this case I started with free search on www.emeraldancestors.com (covers N.I. only)- marriage for 'Mary Saberry' gave year, registration dirctrict & groom's 1st name (John). The searched for 'John McDermott' which gave wife's 1st name as Margaret.
Then to www.familysearch.org. Looked up Mary Saberry's marriage to get quarter, volume & page number (already had year & registration district) and then searched for 'John@ with matching details. Two results- John McDermott & John Sweeney- and already found that John McDermott married a Margaret not a Mary.

Regarding the new U.S. thread- it's New Haven (2 words not one) which is both the name of the city and its county.
Rightttttt interesting, Thank You

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 28 August 14 11:26 BST (UK) »
Forgot to add another hint- if you have a possible name for the husband/wife then see if you find them in 1911 census (number of years married might not be exact but can be close to the actual marriage).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline landsailor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 December 14 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Please get in touch ,
at seberryrobert@yahoo.co.uk
Bob,
Re Seberry,