Author Topic: Edmund Wear  (Read 4605 times)

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Edmund Wear
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 February 17 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Members have tried to help find Edmund's burial place in the past in all the local known free records at libraries and archives for Huddersfield but unfortunately to no avail. My own thoughts are Edmund is buried in a cemetery in the Kirklees council area, most likely Edgerton Cemetery but some how was not recorded on the copy burial records held at Huddersfield library but the Kirklees councils have records are more detailed and they can cross ref their records, as the they have actual grave record of each person with a number detailing who is in each grave, rather than individual burial records by date of each burial and these records are not available to the public at the library. The only way to find out is to phone the Kirklees cemeteries records department held at Huddersfield Fixby crematorium and tell the crematorium switchboard telephone operator you want the cemeteries department. There is normally a charge for this service but if you want to find out either to find Edmund's burial place or even to eliminate the fact he is not buried Kirklees cemeteries the cost maybe be of value for money to find out once and for all either way.

Hope my advice helps you.  :)

http://communitydirectory.kirklees.gov.uk/communityDirectory/organisationdetails.aspx?orgid=1154
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline J.R.Ellam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 February 17 11:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Dob you are right, it could be he was interred in a public grave and his record missed off the burial register but it could be in the grave register.

As a Longshot he could be in Salendine Nook Baptist I have never seen any of their registers, thet are still with the chapel.

John
Ellam, Mills, Ellins
Firth, Wood, Muffitt
Hill, Mattinson, Nicholson
Morrey, Hudson, Limb

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 February 17 14:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Dob you are right, it could be he was interred in a public grave and his record missed off the burial register but it could be in the grave register.

As a Longshot he could be in Salendine Nook Baptist I have never seen any of their registers, thet are still with the chapel.

John
Hi John

All known religious family entry events of Edmund's family are coming up Anglican C of E, his residence off Bradford road on Beaumont Street and being C of E  suggests Edgerton cemetery but one never knows as Sally nook cem, also Quaker burial ground at High Flatts could be put in the equation but all very doubtful though as no indication record of him being nonconformist -as said Edgerton Cem seems the only fit based on all known religious belief facts of Edmund

Dave   :)
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 February 17 17:35 GMT (UK) »

Thank you very much for going to so much trouble.I will get in touch with Kirklees and see if I find him. I'll let you know.

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 February 18 22:07 GMT (UK) »

I contacted Edgeton Cemetery and they searched for him in both conformist and non conformist,he's definately not there,they said to try church graveyards,but where do I start?

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 18 February 18 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Only thing I can think of now as a possibility as a scenario to put forward ?, is maybe one of Edmund's children or his brother or sister married a Quaker, if this Quaker had influence in the family of Edmund's affairs in Edmund's life to be able to authorise or arrange his (Edmund) funeral, that Quaker could have arranged for Edmund to be buried in a Quaker burial ground as Edmund being a none practicing Quaker of the Wear family.

It seems from what I've read  ???, a 'practicing Quaker's' In Laws through marriage, of other beliefs in religion have a automatic right to be buried in a Quakers burial ground by association to a Quaker member. The none practicing Quaker of other religion denominations, could be, mother or father, or sibling brother or sister of the Quaker or mother and father In Law, brother or sister In Law  or the children of any aforesaid.

Offline lynn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 18 February 18 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Sandyjose

Edmund's brother Booth WARE died 1860 buried 22 May 1860 aged 38 years. He is buried at Edgerton Cemetery, Huddersfield. Church Denomination - Anglican.

His other brother John is buried at Elland St Mary's, have you tried here ?

Lynn

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 23 August 19 23:13 BST (UK) »
I'm still searching for Edmund Wear and no further on.I wondered if,as his death notice was put in the newspaper,could it be that his funeral arrangements were also in the paper at a later date? I don't have access to newspapers but maybe someone does.Maybe someone has already looked.It was just a thought.
     What does anyone think?
               Sandyjose

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 24 August 19 08:56 BST (UK) »
Only thing I can think of now as a possibility as a scenario to put forward ?, is maybe one of Edmund's children or his brother or sister married a Quaker, if this Quaker had influence in the family of Edmund's affairs in Edmund's life to be able to authorise or arrange his (Edmund) funeral, that Quaker could have arranged for Edmund to be buried in a Quaker burial ground as Edmund being a none practicing Quaker of the Wear family.

It seems from what I've read  ???, a 'practicing Quaker's' In Laws through marriage, of other beliefs in religion have a automatic right to be buried in a Quakers burial ground by association to a Quaker member. The none practicing Quaker of other religion denominations, could be, mother or father, or sibling brother or sister of the Quaker or mother and father In Law, brother or sister In Law  or the children of any aforesaid.

The Snake Hill site was sold in the 1880s. It is not clear if the original graves remain on this site or if they have been cleared to make way for development.

Documents associated with the Brighouse Preparative Meeting are held at the University of Leeds Special Collections.

https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/2613395