Author Topic: Edith Gabriel-1914  (Read 1007 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Edith Gabriel-1914
« on: Saturday 30 August 14 10:25 BST (UK) »
Edith Gabriel was born in 1914 in the Wrexham District of Denbighshire showing with a mother's maiden name of Jones.She was to marry a Noel Edwards in 1934.She is part of my wider Gabriel family.Info from her son-in law strongly suggests that her mother was a Sarah Jones born in Farndon Cheshire in c 1871.

Looking at Census records etc suggests she was the daughter of a Robert and Emma Jones who resided in Holt Denbighshire in 1881 and 1891.
1881;RG11/5510/15/23.
1891;RG12/4611/23/6.

Fresh info from Edith's son-in-law this week suggests that before apparently being the mother of Edith Gabriel,Sarah was the mother of an Ernest Evans whose birthyear is unknown!

Now I have to say that after looking through Census records and BMD last night that I'm unable to find this Ernest with Sarah and the Sarah Jones/Evans marriage indeed until this new info came to light I was struggling to find her marriage to the John Gabriel her father who was born in Llangollen Denbighshire in 1865.

In the light of this I found what is given as a Civil Marriage on North Wales BMD in 1917 of a John Gabriel and a Sarah Evans.John Gabriel first married a Sarah Roberts at Wrexham in 1890.This Sarah died in 1904.Sarah Gabriel(2) died in Wrexham in 1949.Now don't go along with a possible Tree that may suggest that Sarah married a Baxter,this is a complete red herring as this Sarah was in fact born in Prinxton Derbyshire.

Any observations on all this will be gratefully received!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Edith Gabriel-1914
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 August 14 14:09 BST (UK) »
Hi

With so many possibilities coupled with a surname like Jones - the only safe way to take this back is to buy a copy of the 1914 birth cert
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 August 14 15:35 BST (UK) »
Perhaps her son-in-law has access to her marriage cert (or knows another family member who does), so you could see what name she gave there for her father, and that might help you pin her down.

STG
Always looking for GOODWINS in Berkshire :)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 August 14 17:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks both for your replies.Apologies but I've been out this afternoon.Though I believe her son-in-law does have the certs you mention,I'm uncertain what happened to Sarah between 1891 and 1914?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk