Author Topic: Death of Donal Killourhy (Kilouray similar) 1921  (Read 8516 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Donal Killourhy (Kilouray similar) 1921
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 September 14 22:19 BST (UK) »
90% sure it is the same person   some of the family were from Ballyfaudeen
I asked had you read the links posted, you didn't mention you knew some of the family was from Ballyfaudeen, so which do you think is him? The nine year old. The two families are likely related in any case.

Offline Daniel Killourhy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 02:55 BST (UK) »
Hi, My name is Daniel Killourhy email address removed by moderator, please use the Private message function to exchange private information. Donal Killourhy was the brother of my grandfather Patrick. Your relative John was not an uncle of Donal but either a cousin or great uncle. Donal had two brothers: my grandfather Patrick and another brother Martin (never married) and also an unmarried sister, Minnie. I was named after Donal by my father, Thomas. I have a copy of the death certificate for Donal documenting execution by the black & tans. If you wish a copy, send me your address.

There were 2 Killourhy families living in Ballyfaudeen living right next door to each other, an indication that one large farm was split in two at some point in time back in the 1800's. Your relative John may come from the other Killourhy family which almost certainly i am also related to.   

Offline Daniel Killourhy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 03:16 BST (UK) »
There were 2 Killourhy families living in Ballyfaudeen living right next door to each other, an indication that one large farm was split in two at some point in time back in the 1800's. Your relative John may come from the other Killourhy family which almost certainly i am also related to.   

I am after any information re the family of Donal Killourhy  who was killed by the Black and Tans in 1921 at the Moymore South Chapel .   His uncle John who married Mary Rouine were my great great grandparents.    I believe Marys parents were Michael Rouine and Susan O'Donnell from the area of Moymore South three miles from Ennistymon.  I believe the stone cottage where Mary was born is still in the Rouine family.  Any information re my Irish ancestry would be appreciated ........Sharon

Offline sharon616

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 October 14 12:33 BST (UK) »
How wonderful it is to hear from someone on the other side of the world   
I gained this information about the family history from a great uncle who is now unfortunately deceased He thought Donal was nephew of John and Mary Killourhy  but what you are saying makes sense.
I am a little confused were their two members of the Killourhy family killed by the Black and Tans.

Who was Donal's father?     I thought it was Daniel Killourhy and Mary Rynne.    Is it Michael Killourhy and Anne Green  or am I completely wrong.

As I understand it some of the Killourhy family came to Australia and others settled in Boston.  Is that correct.  I also have some  very  old photos  of the family  who  I believe are those who travelled to America.  You may be able to identify them.  Please check out my Ancestry.com family  tree.  When the family came to Australia  their name was changed to Clurey. I will email you now.

Regards  Sharon

Offline Daniel Killourhy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 October 14 14:41 BST (UK) »
There were 2 Killourhy families living in Ballyfaudeen living right next door to each other, an indication that one large farm was split in two at some point in time back in the 1800's. Your relative John may come from the other Killourhy family which almost certainly i am also related to. Donal's father and mother were Daniel Killourhy & Mary Rynne, my great grandparents. 

I am after any information re the family of Donal Killourhy  who was killed by the Black and Tans in 1921 at the Moymore South Chapel .   His uncle John who married Mary Rouine were my great great grandparents.    I believe Marys parents were Michael Rouine and Susan O'Donnell from the area of Moymore South three miles from Ennistymon.  I believe the stone cottage where Mary was born is still in the Rouine family.  Any information re my Irish ancestry would be appreciated ........Sharon