Author Topic: The Mystery of Muriel's Marriage - NSW or Queensland ????  (Read 8382 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Mystery of Muriel's Marriage - NSW or Queensland ????
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 07 May 17 05:08 BST (UK) »
He is however fascinated by all the Tivey information on the internet. He was very close to his mother and out of respect for him, I feel protective of her.

Your father's great interest in the online information illustrates the point .
It is the details, not just birth, marriage and deaths facts, that make the stories so enthralling ;D

Is it reasonable that his family details are held close while those of the many others that build the whole story are added?

Everyone in any family history was someone's relative!

Sue

PS No rules broken here :D

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kylie67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 07 May 17 07:32 BST (UK) »
I said he was fascinated, not that he had a great interest! I can understand someone wanting to do their family tree. We have ours! But when someone totally unrelated starts delving into your family it does come across as a bit odd. People makes mistakes and wrong information can be passed on even by (distant) relatives. So when strangers get involved there is even more room for error. As is with the suggested details of Harold.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 07 May 17 07:37 BST (UK) »
 :)  :)  :)

May I share the following RChat link  :)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/aboutus.php 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 07 May 17 08:00 BST (UK) »
May I share extracts of the 2014 posts re the mentions of a chap named Harold WINDSOR. 

Really do not know if this has any bearing--
Electoral Roll 1925,
……WINDSOR, Harold, cook

Is this the same man?

No mention of family in the funeral notices
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01a02/

….  This is possibly not the right "Harold". :-\
Only Harold WINDSOR on the Qld electoral roll though.

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 07 May 17 08:09 BST (UK) »
I said he was fascinated, not that he had a great interest! I can understand someone wanting to do their family tree. We have ours! But when someone totally unrelated starts delving into your family it does come across as a bit odd. People makes mistakes and wrong information can be passed on even by (distant) relatives. So when strangers get involved there is even more room for error. As is with the suggested details of Harold.

I suggest you note what I have at the end of each of my posts. 

Remember that everything is only speculation until verified!!!!

You don't seem to have an understanding of what is involved with family history research.

I have found lots of information about my parents, grandparents and as well as distant relatives online and not always on public family trees.  It doesn't worry me.  I am pleased that others are interested and are possibly related albeit quite distantly.

Your father was not Muriel's only child and you don't seem to respect or wish to acknowledge that fact. 
Scroll down to the bottom of this link
http://www.monaropioneers.com/nimmitabel/pioneers/tivey-a2.htm

Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 07 May 17 08:13 BST (UK) »

Oh, yes, I see now.  You did say fascinated. So not that interested I guess.

Yes, I am totally unrelated to the people of this topic, but that is OK in this forum. ;D
No rules broken there.

As to Harold.
As JM has shown in her quotes, we did decide he was not the correct chap. Just an attempt to help on my part (as we all do in the forum) and subsequently dismissed as error.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mel1234

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 05:52 BST (UK) »
I came across this discussion by accident. Very interesting as I am one of Muriel's number of Grandchildren. My mother was adopted by another family when she was young, as were others. She found her mother's identity when her adoption records were released. My mother subsequently located all her brothers and they are now all aware of their family history and circumstances. My mother was the only girl and has taken a great interest in Muriel and her family's history. More information I believe is on the Monaro family history site. I guess for information, Muriel's legacy consists of now numerous Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren, some of who have researched her life and family. Thank-you :)