Author Topic: Carrol (O) Sullivan  (Read 1759 times)

Offline waterking2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Carrol (O) Sullivan
« on: Sunday 14 September 14 13:32 BST (UK) »
Im researching the family of my maternal great-grandmother Julia Flynn nee Sullivan. Her father was Carrol Sullivan and she was born abt 1853 in, I believe Duagh. I read somewhere that the parish records for Duagh were lost in a fire?

Fortunately the Christian name Carrol is fairly rare and Ive managed to find a number of her siblings including a brother Carrol Sullivan who became a surgeon in Islington, London. He was born around 1862 in Meenleitrim. Her father seems to have been a middleman with leases in various places in North Kerry. Her brother Denis farmed Caherweeshen near Tralee and another brother John farmed Leith, Tralee.

Offline breenbyrne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Carrol (O) Sullivan
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 03:33 BST (UK) »
Hi, firstly, the Duagh records are very much intact and are quite accessible in the Presbytery in Duagh.  Many of them are digitised through Church Records on Irish Genealogy.ie.- I got many of my own records there - much clearer than in the NLI.
Was Carrol O'Sullivan married to a Honora Connor?  There are 2 Tralee marriage records that you may already have seen - Eileen O'Sullivan to Thomas Slattery on 7 Feb 1875 and Margaret O'Sullivan to Jeremiah Brosnan on 22 July 1875.  Eileen and Margaret are both from Leith/Leath.
Brady - Rathmines & Terenure, Dublin
Breen - Laois
Byrne - Rathmines, Dublin
Griffin - Listowel, Kerry, Wales & USA
Hall - Rathfarnham, Dublin
Hegarty - Listowel, Kerry
Hickey - Listowel, Kerry and poss USA
Kennedy - Terenure & Rathmines, Dublin & Dunlavin, Co Wicklow
McKenna - Laois
Quill - Listowel, Kerry
Shepherd -Warrington, UK
Green - Warrington, UK

Offline waterking2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Carrol (O) Sullivan
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 17:58 BST (UK) »
Hi, yes Margaret and Ellen would be sisters of Julia. I found the older brother John in Duagh in 1848 on Irish Genealogy. Also the younger brother Michael in Meenleitrim in 1864. But no marriage for Carrol Sullivan and Honora Connor or baptisms for their other children, which is strange as the records on Irish Genealogy appear to be quite extensive.
Carrol Sullivan died 1895 "age 85"