Author Topic: Fords of Horningsham and Chapmanslade  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Jimson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fords of Horningsham and Chapmanslade
« on: Monday 15 September 14 18:24 BST (UK) »
I find I'm descended from the Fords of Chapmanslade.  John Ford (b 1864) was famous at equestrian events such as at the Frome Cheese Show in the 1920s as was his wonder horse "Rocket".
A friend is descended from Luke Ford (b 1836) of the Horningsham Fords but we can't find a link between the two communities.
The villages are only a few miles apart so intermarriage was surely likely.
Can anybody help?

Offline Janice Carr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Fords of Horningsham and Chapmanslade
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 October 17 08:23 BST (UK) »
Hello! I am also descended from the Fords of Chapmanslade. John Ford was my great great grandfather. My grandfather who is almost 97 has an incredible memory is a great source of information. Please get in contact if you feel I can be of any further assistance :)

Offline Jimson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 October 17 18:47 BST (UK) »
Hello, Janice.  I'd like to know all that you (and your Grandad) know about the Fords of Chapmanslade.  John Ford senior was my wife's great-grandad.    Can you send me your email address?  Brian Jones

Offline Janice Carr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 October 17 08:05 BST (UK) »
Sure :) happy to help in any way I can and always great to connect with distant relatives. My email address is janicecarr28@yahoo.com but don't check super regularly - happy to chat too on 07886 893297. For your interest, this is a recent article about my Grandad Mike [Lofty] (Stewart Michael Carr) John Ford Senior's grandson! I've actually returned to our roots and have been based in Glastonbury in the South West  for the last 3 years, after growing up in The Wirral & Derbyshire, travelling, working, living and volunteering for years abroad primarily in India and also based in London for a relatively long stint :) https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lofty-arabia-pioneer-special-forces-10442493.amp