Author Topic: poingdestre  (Read 3333 times)

Offline lebigchien

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
poingdestre
« on: Tuesday 16 September 14 23:28 BST (UK) »
My great, great grandfather was Phillip Poingdestre, born in 1835 in St Helier, Jersey. He was a sailor, and "jumped ship" in San Francisco in 1860.

I intend to visit Jersey in Sept. of 2015. Any suggestions?

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: poingdestre
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 23:50 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

Could you clarify what type of suggestions you are looking for?  You haven't said what info you already have in the way of census/BMD etc

There is a 4yr old Philip Poingdestre on the CI 1841 census - parents George & Nancy and there is also a 10yr old parents Nicolas & Jane
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: poingdestre
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 09:28 BST (UK) »
My ancestors way back were Poingdestre too.I think if you look at the very infirmative website calked Jerripaedia you might find a family tree of this family.My ancestor married into the Le Quesne family and like most of Jersey men were mariners often privateers.
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)