Author Topic: Richard (Dicky) White  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Janet White

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard (Dicky) White
« on: Thursday 18 September 14 06:11 BST (UK) »
My main interest is Richard (Dicky) White b. 1774, and his descendants
John White b 1798 Port Jackson  died 1883
Richard John White b 1825 Launceston  died 1908
Abraham Thomas George White b. 1863 Launceston  died 1920

also interested in
Ann Collins married Thomas Harrison
Hannah Hooper married James Vautin

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richard (Dicky) White
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 September 14 08:18 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat.

We will need more details of exactly what you have got already and what you are looking for , to be able to see if anyone can help.
Or, if you are just wanting to see if anyone else is interested in those surnames, have a look at he surname interest table (button right at the bottom of the home page), and if not then register your own interest there
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 September 14 11:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Janet,
   Welcome from too  :)

Here are some death notices for Richard John WHITE who died in 1908 in Launceston in case you don't have them.   I'm guessing it is Launceston in Tasmania that you are referring to?

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article65164936
   http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article65162883

regards,
  Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Janet White

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 September 14 04:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you for sending me the link to the death notices.  I had not seen them before.  Mainly concentrated on Richard (Dicky) White.   
I have been having trouble,  don't know how to do it,   print the articles  in normal text,

thanks for help and reading the post.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 21 September 14 04:39 BST (UK) »
You're welcome Janet  :)   The trove newspapers give us lots of info.

I'm not sure what you mean about normal text - you can hit the PRINT button (at the top left).  Or you could hit the JPG button which would allow you to save the image or print it etc.   I usually use the snipping tool (on pc's) to snip the image and stick it straight into my tree.

cheers,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Londoner2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 14 October 17 18:51 BST (UK) »
Hi, belatedly.
Hannah Hooper m James Vautin: parents of Hannah Hooper were John Hooper and Mary Calder.
John Hooper would have been born about 1858, could have been anywhere. There are a number of Hooper families in the area, in Wapping, Stepney, Limehouse, Spitalfields, Hackney - just not possible to know if he is of any of them or from elsewhere. First appears, assuming it is the same John Hooper, 1782 - 1784 in Butcher Row, Ratcliffe, Stepney, renting a house at £9 week (so not of the poorest people in the area). 1785 - 1818 he is at Cock Hill, nearby, renting a house at £10 10s.  The rent goes up to £15, so maybe he rented more of the property or it just goes up. He was at 1 Cock Hill, a house and a shop. He was a tailor and slop-seller (ready made clothes). He also rented a house etc at 25 Shadwell Hight Street in 1825, with his son, where he was a tailor and slop-manufacturer. From 1818 the land tax records show John Hooper living at Brooke Street, Ratcliffe, and no longer at Cock Hill. In 1825 he was still a slop-seller, from his grandson's birth record.

On 23rd April 1789 he married Mary Calder, at St Katherine by the Tower.   His home parish was St Dunstans, Stepney, Middlesex, England.  Which covers Ratcliffe.  Witnesses were William Emmerson and Will? Davis. 
Mary Calder was born 26 Nov. Mile End Old Town, Stepney, Middlesex. Her parents were William Calder, a market gardener, and Mary Atkinson.  William Calder and family were in Old Ealing, Brentford, Middlesex (he a gardener - this was a major fruit growing area serving London) before they moved down to Stepney, where he rented land for market gardening.

John Hooper and Mary Calder had six children: Samuel, Hannah, Georgiana, David, John and Joseph. They were non-conformists, so the births and baptisms are not recorded in the Anglican records. They are in the England & Wales Christening Register as well.  Cannot find Mary Calder's death or burial, but John Hooper died on 6 March 1838 at his son John's house at Millwall, Poplar, Middlesex, England.

The children's births -   see Piece 4661-1: Dr Williams' Library Registry, Birth Certificates, 1805-1812, and the England & Wales Christening Registers.

Hannah Hooper: born 26 Sep 1792 in Ratcliffe, Stepney, Middlesex (probably at home at 1 Cock Hill).
Married James Vautin at St Mary, Stratford le Bow, Tower Hamlets, Middlesex, England, on 26 September 1819. Witnesses were John Hooper, Joseph Hooper, James Vautin and Eliza Vautin.

Hannah Hooper/Vautin's aunt, Hannah Calder, married William Emmerson, who was a witness at the marriage of John Hooper and Mary Calder. He was probably the Wm Emmerson who was a captain of a ship, and a widower. He died in 1796, and had not changed his will since before his second marriage, so his daughter inherited.  Hannah Calder/Emmerson ended up living with her brother-in-law John Hooper at Cock Hill.

James Vautin baptised some of the Hooper family children, Hannah Hooper/Vautin's nephews and nieces, at the non-conformist Stepney meeting - I take it this is James Vautin senior?

Offline Janet White

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 14 October 17 23:34 BST (UK) »
thank you very much for the information on Hannah Hooper and her parents.

This gives me a new set of g.g.g.g grandparents.

It's interesting, we have heard that the Vautins are related to a quite 'famous' person in Australian sport. 
Paul "fatty" Vautin played rugby in Australian NRL.
Since he retired he has hosted a tv show around NRL.
Haven't worked out the line.  But a bit of interest.

Thanks so much

My main interest is Richard White, but it's good to fill in the others.

Regards

Janet White
Australia

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline SherlockBones

• RootsChat Veteran
  • today is the beginning of the future of yesterday
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 20 June 19 00:40 BST (UK) »
Deleted
AUSTRALIA WAS ALWAYS DESTINED TO BE A GREAT COUNTRY. AFTER ALL WE HAD THE WORLD'S BEST JUDGES SELECTING ITS INHABITANTS.