Author Topic: where are you Frederick Jones???  (Read 5107 times)

Offline alisonsf

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
where are you Frederick Jones???
« on: Friday 19 September 14 10:32 BST (UK) »
I am well and truly losing in this game of hide and seek with my great grandfather Frederick Jones.He married my great grandmother Margaret Collins on 10 August 1901 Neath Glamorgan.He is listedcas living at same address on marriage cert.His occupation was engine stoker, was born about 1872.His father was David Jones already deceased at time of marriage who was a saddler by occupation.My great grandparents had my grandfather George Albert Edward Jones in 1902, Frederick abandoned his wife and son when George was small.Margaret went on to re marry in 1907 although i cant find any divorce records for her and Frederick.George's marrige certificate has his father as Frank Jones colliery repairer.
Snippets handed down through the family are that Frederick was from the Swindon area .
and was a band leader.
But i have no proof of any of it.
Would love to find him for my mum,who has a big chunk of her family history missing as Frederick or Frank just doesnt seem to want to be found!!!

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: where are you Frederick Jones???
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 September 14 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi  alisonsf

Welcome to rootschat  :)

What was the address he was living at on the marriage certificate.  Where did the marriage take place and who were the witnesses.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: where are you Frederick Jones???
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 September 14 20:53 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.What was Margaret's given status when she married for the second time?

Regards
William Russell Jones
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk