Author Topic: Market Drayton 1771 Shropshire Marriage - POOLE and COOPER - COMPLETED  (Read 1697 times)

Offline larzus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Market Drayton 1771 Shropshire Marriage - POOLE and COOPER - COMPLETED
« on: Tuesday 23 September 14 09:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have been researching for  a few years but have never requested a lookup before.  Apologies if I do this incorrectly.

There is a reference on familysearch Marriage Indexes to a marriage between James Poole and Ann Cooper on 28 Jul 1771 in Market Drayton.  I cannot find a reference to parish.  If they are the couple I hope they are, they were Anglican.

I would like to know any details the marriage may provide, especially parent names and witnesses.   

Is it possible to obtain any of these details? 

I am a little puzzled by this couple as my James Poole's family was in Caynham and as far as I can tell his wife Ann came from Shrewsbury.  Why they would have married in Market Drayton is a mystery.  However, James was in the military and may have been posted near her.

This is the only marriage of a James Poole and an Ann which fits my family, that I have found. The eldest known child (Mary Ann Poole) was born in September 1773 in Ludlow. 

In case it helps:

James Poole born circa 1745 son of the Reverend Edward Poole (confirmed by Will)
Ann born circa 1747/1748 in Shropshire died 1833 in Leominster Herefordshire (confirmed by death record, newspaper announcement and grave inscription)

Known Children:

Mary Ann b 1773 Ludlow
Frances 1776 Ludlow
Jane 1781 Ludlow
James 1786 birthplace unknown
Caroline 1778 Mordiford, Herefordshire

I will greatly appreciate any information, advice and suggestions.

Irene
O'Keefe Clare Ireland, Briers Leicestershire, Brown Fordham Cambridgeshire, McKinley Fermanagh, Cox from Windsor, Berkshire, Dunstall Sussex, Morey Dorset, Peard Fermoy, Dillane Limerick, Lockley Staffordshire, Cowen Birmingham, Bone Kent and many many more.

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Market Drayton 1771 Shropshire Marriage - POOLE and COOPER
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 10:44 BST (UK) »
Seems to be at the Anglican church inDrayton in Hales.  Just a single line entry in the register:

July 28 1771 - Mar - James Pool and Anne Cooper.

That's it!  Sorry no more detail.

STG
Always looking for GOODWINS in Berkshire :)

Offline larzus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Market Drayton 1771 Shropshire Marriage - POOLE and COOPER - COMPLETED
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 11:01 BST (UK) »
Much appreciated.  At least I know there's no more information to be had. 
O'Keefe Clare Ireland, Briers Leicestershire, Brown Fordham Cambridgeshire, McKinley Fermanagh, Cox from Windsor, Berkshire, Dunstall Sussex, Morey Dorset, Peard Fermoy, Dillane Limerick, Lockley Staffordshire, Cowen Birmingham, Bone Kent and many many more.