Author Topic: Anyone Visiting Greenock Cemetery?  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Genetrix

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anyone Visiting Greenock Cemetery?
« on: Friday 26 September 14 12:37 BST (UK) »
My great grandfather and his brother are buried in Lair 212, Section 2N, Greenock Cemetery.  Names are John and Duncan McIntyre.  I wanted to know if there is a headstone and wrote to the office there but they didn't answer.  I have a map and it seems to be in the Forsyth Street Gate area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, Genetrix

Offline celiamcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Visiting Greenock Cemetery?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 March 15 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I will be visiting the cemetery in a few weeks when the weather gets a bit better (hopefully) I will have a look for you.

C

Offline Genetrix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 March 15 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much Celiamcd for your kind offer.  I did however, visit the cemetery late last year while on a trip and found the site.  There wasn't a headstone but at least I did find the right grave. What a huge place that is and so hilly.  You wonder how they managed to carry caskets to some of those plots.  A lovely place though.

Thanks again.
Genetrix

Offline celiamcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 March 15 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, you are very welcome. I am glad you managed to get there and even though there was no headstone its still nice to find your relatives special place. On a nice day its a great place to go ancestor hunting but when the weather is bad......oh holy moly! I am there quite often so if you find you have other family members there let me know and I will look them up for you.
Best wishes
Celia