Author Topic: Kent Family  (Read 1263 times)

Offline MarieRS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kent Family
« on: Saturday 27 September 14 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hi I am currently working on my family tree, my family are the Kents of Wexford. My great grandfather was Frederick Kent and he married Mary Eliza Cahill in New Ross Parish church in August 1902. His father was James Kent and his mother was Teresa Henrietta Arnold, they emigrated to Australia in 1864. I am trying to find out what happened to them. Did they stay in Australia or leave, I know my great grandfather eventually returned to Ireland because he married my great grandmother, but what happened to his parents and his sister Mary Louisa. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.
Thank you
Marie

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Kent Family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 September 14 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome to RootsChat

Have you got some dates of birth that would help the search ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline MarieRS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 September 14 16:04 BST (UK) »
My Gr Great grandfather James Kent was born in 1837 his wife Teresa Henrietta Kent (nee Arnold) was born in 1843 in Kilkenny, my great grandfather Frederick Kent was born on the 20th of August 1865 and his sister Mary Louisa was born in 1867 both in Melbourne Australia. My great grandmother who I am also trying to trace was born on the 24th of August 1882 but not sure where

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 September 14 16:26 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Someone has a family tree showing a document - Declaration of Widow for original pension - Teresa H King.

Claimant was married to James Kent 14 September 1863 who died and was buried in the sea 16 January 1869.

Soldier (Joseph Henry Clay  King) was married to Mary Stout 12 July 1864 and who died near Galena Kansas 22 June 1881.

Teresa Henrietta Arnold - Born 15 Jan 1843 in Tedington, County Kilkenny, Ireland  and died 13 Apr 1931 in  Fort Dodge, Ford Co., Kansas.
Married Joseph H King -   6 th August 1888 -   Carthage, Jasper Co., Missouri, USA

Marriage record :- T H Kent
Marriage Date: 6 Aug 1888  Marriage Location: Carthage, Jasper, Missouri
Spouse Name: Joseph H King

Yet the 1900 Census says Teresa had had 2 children bur none were living  ???  Could be an error of course - depends who was the informant at enumeration/

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline MarieRS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 September 14 17:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sandra, that is very helpful.
 It's possible that in 1900 the children were grown into adults and she put down that she had none (just a thought).

If you can find anything on my great grandmother Mary Eliza Cahill who married Teresas' son Frederick William Kent in New Ross County Wexford Ireland in August 1902, that would be great

Marie

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 27 September 14 17:11 BST (UK) »
You might need to purchase the marriage certificate to get the details of Mary Eliza Cahill.

Mary isn't with him and the children in 1911  ::)

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai003506388/

Sandra

Offline MarieRS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 September 14 17:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you I will try that.

Marie