Author Topic: Mrgaret m robinson  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Puffin81

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mrgaret m robinson
« on: Wednesday 01 October 14 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hi

The above was born in November 1910 I can find her in temple sowerby in the 1911 census.

I then find she had a baby in 1933 and another in 1935 (unmarried).  Both registered in kendal.

I've been told she worked in belle isle (Windermere) in service which was when she got pregnant with the 1st child and then somewhere else in service when she got pregnant with the 2nd child.    I do have names for the fathers but the earlier child is hazey and neither confirmed.

I have also been told she was in hawswater  When the dam was built so that would be about 1935.

I also know she was in some hospital in kendal with something like TB prob in the late 30s very early 40s

I've looked for christening records against the children (online) and looked up the aledged fathers and can't find anything to piece together her life from about 1920 to 1940 (when she married)

It's a total mystery as the children weren't taken from her, as far as I know she wasn't institutionalised, but her mother didn't support her do how could she live and work with 2 children.

Does anyone have any details or able to help me out?  Or direct me where to look

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Mrgaret m robinson
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 19:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

While she was working - it's likely she paid somebody to look after the children for her just in the way working parents do today.

Possibly the mothers of the childrens fathers helped out - it's all so long ago it would be theory anyway
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Puffin81

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mrgaret m robinson
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 20:16 BST (UK) »
Perhaps, but  I doubt it since the fathers didn't want anything to do with them.  I imagine it was a big scandal at the time and I know her mother disowned her