Author Topic: Looking for Ancestors  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Kwicknit

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Ancestors
« on: Thursday 02 October 14 06:05 BST (UK) »
Hello there all on RootsChat I am trying to find anyone out there who may be able to give me some more information on my Ancestors,they are Alexander Anderson my 4xGGrandfather i don't know anything about him except that he would have been born anywhere between 1739 and I know from some of the nice ladies on RootsChat that by 1773 when his son William married he was deceased,  William born 1757 died 1809 and buried Kirkpatrick Durham i don't know who his mother was i have been on Scotlands People a lot of Alexanders with son William but not knowing who Alexander married does not help my poor head, what i did not know until i saw the MI for William that in the grave are his wife Elizabeth Mclellan died 1809 a son Robert d 1803 a daughter Mary d 1800 the Mi says erected by William, Robert, George, Thomas, in memory of there father i didn't know about any of them i now have Ancestors coming out my ears and i don't know what do do with them HeHe i was wandering if anybody else may be able to help with any information on these sons i have no idea at all of dates or where to go, sorry i forgot to mention in the grave there is also a Samuel Anderson son of William of above carrier Castle Douglas d 1821 aged 14 yrs,i would appreciate any help at all.
Thanks Christine

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Ancestors
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 October 14 10:31 BST (UK) »
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***