Author Topic: Parish register entry photocopying service  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Treefan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parish register entry photocopying service
« on: Thursday 02 October 14 11:54 BST (UK) »
There are a number of parish register entries from Worcestershire parishes that I would like to obtain photocopies of as I am not able to travel to Worcestershire to seek out the records myself. Could anyone please help me by informing me if there is such a service in existence & if so where & how to make such an application.
Thank you.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Treefan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Parish register entry photocopying service
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 October 14 17:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you. I was told that the old archives had closed down with all of the records being moved to new premises & wasn't sure what it was called, where it was or whether it was up & running as yet.
I have been able to find out the necessary details now.
Thank you for your help.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Parish register entry photocopying service
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 October 14 11:33 BST (UK) »
Hi There

Yes the old History Centre has closed down & moved to a new purpose built building called The Hive which you can get a lot more info on by typing it into Google. Unfortunately goverment cut backs hit The Hive & a lot of the old staff are no longer there mores the pity as you get used to people over the years & hate to se them leave their employment.  Why not put a request on asking if any members are going to The Hive & if so are they willing to take a few copies of records for you & send them to you via Roots Chat pages.

Good luck

All the very best

Phil
Weston-super-Mare
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin