Author Topic: Jane WILLIAMS of Llanbeblig (or perhaps Carnarvon)  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Mair

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane WILLIAMS of Llanbeblig (or perhaps Carnarvon)
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 October 14 17:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob

Northwales bmd can be finnicky - I find it best NOT to enter a region as they swapped and changed so often anyway! :)  and then pick the best from the mass generated.

If you believe the age on the marriage certificate - I would not.  She is already 2 years older than her husband - any more it may not be seen as "proper" - it is a civil marriage which indicates non-conformist chapel or registrar attended ( i would lean to the former)

As you can see from the form you have to complete much more infromation is required than with GRO.  I think you are right to put the parameters and the details of the full situation in a covering letter as you take the plunge and seek the certificate.  I realise there are many more Jane Williams' than just the one transcribed on this site for 1845- freebmd.org.uk says so, but its a start.

I found my certificates without this site, I was lucky, but I crossed referenced them none the less - I at least know the local registration number - makes it more relevant to the actual line and the event I think.

Happy Searching

Mair

Rowland/s- Hughes -Caernarfornshire/Stockport Cheshire
Barnicoat - Cornwall Lancashire Stockport,Cheshire
Jones (!) - Caernarvonshire,NWales  USA - Iowa, Wisconsin, S Dakota.
Thomas - Anglesey, USA Iowa, Oregon

Online wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 October 14 19:03 BST (UK) »
As far as the issue of Llanbeblig/Caernarvon is concerned,Caernarvon as a town is considered to be within the Parish of Llanbeblig.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 October 14 19:11 BST (UK) »
Whilst of course  as you've hinted at there were many Williams families in Caernarvon,as a matter of curiosity;Who did your Great-Grandfather Robert Williams marry?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline robdavies66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Now living in Fareham, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 October 14 18:50 BST (UK) »
S U C C E S S !!

I received in the post today a copy of the correct birth certificate for Jane Williams, born on 13 Aug 1844 at Pentre Newydd, Carnarvon, daughter of Robert William, Shoemaker & Jane Williams, formerly Williams.
The reason why I'm 100% certain that this is correct is because Pentre Newydd is shown as the Place of Residence for her mother on her parents' marriage certificate (they married on 5 Jun 1843 at Llanbeblig Parish Church)

Once again, thanks to everyone who helped en-route to obtaining this birth certificate
Regards, Rob
Hughes & Griffth(s) of Nantmor, Beddgelert
Williams of Bontnewydd
Edwards & Thomas of Harlech/ Llandanwg
Jones of Llanystumdwy
 ==============
Davies/David of Pentrych/ Cardiff , Glamorgan
David of Peterstone super Ely, Glamorgan
Morgan of Eglwysilan, Glamorgan
Miles of Peterstone super Ely

Offline Mair

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 09 October 14 21:09 BST (UK) »
Chuffed to little mintballs "for yer" - from an ex pat Welsh Lancastrian .
Rowland/s- Hughes -Caernarfornshire/Stockport Cheshire
Barnicoat - Cornwall Lancashire Stockport,Cheshire
Jones (!) - Caernarvonshire,NWales  USA - Iowa, Wisconsin, S Dakota.
Thomas - Anglesey, USA Iowa, Oregon