Author Topic: Queenan from Co. Sligo  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Welcomedays

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Queenan from Co. Sligo
« on: Monday 06 October 14 19:31 BST (UK) »
Am looking for birth and family information for Patrick Queenan, possibly born in Co. Sligo about 1814. His father's name may also have been Patric.  He emigrated to England (Derby area) on or about 1835 and is found there in the 1841 census,married to Mary Howard. He is also there thru 1851 and then disappears with no evident death record. It is believed that he may have remarried some years later in England.  Mary remarries 7 years later in 1859.  There are several children involved and I have good documentation on most of them.  The name also gets changed to Aueening in

Offline Welcomedays

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Queenan from Co. Sligo
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 October 14 19:34 BST (UK) »
Am looking for birth and family information for Patrick Queenan, possibly born in Co. Sligo about 1814. His father's name may also have been Patric.  He emigrated to England (Derby area) on or about 1835 and is found there in the 1841 census,married to Mary Howard. He is also there thru 1851 and then disappears with no evident death record. It is believed that he may have remarried some years later in England.  Mary remarries 7 years later in 1859.  There are several children involved and I have good documentation on most of them.  The name also gets changed to Queening in late 1850s with some continued interchange with Queenan. I know there are Queenans in the Easky area, but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Queenan from Co. Sligo
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 October 14 21:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Welcomedays

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

Just noticed you were having problems with your first posts, which I've merged together to keep your post count.

If you accidentally post before finishing or post and realise you've made spelling mistakes, you have 24 hours to use the 'modify' button to amend your topic.

After 24 hours the botton disappears so if you have further problems you need to use the 'report to moderator' button so that we can take a look and modify things for you.

Hope this helps and happy hunting.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline bob d

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 October 14 21:57 BST (UK) »
Some years ago I met an old gentleman from Dooballa, just outside of Boyle, who thought perhaps that my great uncle Charles Duignan may have married a girl by the name of Queenan.  I have tried to track down this info but with no luck.  There were Queenan families in the immediate area of Cuppanagh where my relatives lived and in the environs as well. This Charles Duignan was born in 1868 to Charles and Bridget (nee Dwyer from Annagh)Duignan of Cuppanagh, Sligo.  Charles Jr and his wife had two girls, Anna and Elizabeth who came to the states.  I have no idea when this Charles married and who his bride may have been.  I have come up with two girls born around 1892 and 1894 with the names of Anna and Elizabeth Duignan but  no record of parents. The dates of their births could fit in with Charles being their father  if he married between 1888 and 1891.
Good luck with your search.  I have been at this since 1961 with no or little  luck.
Bob Degnan

Offline Welcomedays

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 October 14 22:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your story Bob...who knows they really might be from Roscommon not Sligo.  I visited the area about 10 years ago before I knew as much about the family but was not able to find any connection at that time.  So unfortunately i don't have any info on your possible Queenan marriage.
Keep on hunting.,,what is 50 years of looking in the grand scheme of things.
S.

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 10 October 14 11:32 BST (UK) »
Patrick Queenan on http://www.failteromhat.com
under town land lismerraun Killaraght silgo

have a look at the census for Sligo http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie
you might find something

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Patrick Queenan on http://www.failteromhat.com
under town land lismerraun Killaraght silgo

have a look at the census for Sligo http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie
you might find something

Took this photo yesterday...
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.