Author Topic: Langford/Thomas - Lower/Upper Bullingham  (Read 2526 times)

Offline kjmck

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Langford/Thomas - Lower/Upper Bullingham
« on: Saturday 11 October 14 10:52 BST (UK) »
Hello guys,

I'm looking for help tracing my Great Great Uncle Henry 'Harry' Langford and his sister Emma Langford.

They were the children from the second marriage of my Great Great Grandmother Mary Ann Thomas nee Kitto, to a Benjamin Langford. They married 20 June 1870 in Hereford.

Henry 'Harry' was born in 1871 in Lower Bullingham, Herefordshire & Emma was born 18 February 1872 in Lower Bullingham.

The last census I am able to find Harry in is in the 1881 England census. He is listed as Henry Langford, aged 10 and is a Pauper Inmate & and Scholar at Hereford Union Workhouse. Some of his half siblings from his mother's first marriage were also to be found in the workhouse.

After 1881 I have hit a brick wall with Henry, both with marriages and deaths. I do not know what happened to him.

In 1881, I have also found Emma. However she is living in Baschurch in Shropshire with her mother Mary (now Mary Griffiths upon her third Marriage) and her half brother Joseph Charles Thomas who was 20. In this census Emma is listed as a Thomas, not a Langford.

In 1891, I have found a possible match for Emma (Still listed as Emma Thomas) living and working in Lillington, Herefordshire as a domestic servant in the household of Henry & Margaretta Powell. It lists her birthplace as either Burghill or simply 'Hereford'. I am not 100% sure whether this is my Emma though.

If anyone can offer any help in finding out what happened to these two I would greatly appreciate it.

Keelan

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Langford/Thomas - Lower/Upper Bullingham
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 October 14 14:42 BST (UK) »
The 1891 has an entry for Henry Lanford b Herefordshire 1869 - farm servant
RG12 Piece 2061 Folio 32 Page 5
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)