Author Topic: Lookup Request: Guilden Morden Independent - REAVELL  (Read 1874 times)

Offline jkgla

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lookup Request: Guilden Morden Independent - REAVELL
« on: Monday 13 October 14 00:26 BST (UK) »
Please could a kind person with access to the Guilden Morden independent chapel registers check the entry for 13 Apr 1855 for the burial of Ann Reavell

I have:
24th Sept 1841 Ann Reavell
From Ashwell Church.  Died in peace

However, I think this is her date of transfer, not date of death and it would be good to have the full entry

Any assistance here would be much appreciated.

Offline Selina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Request: Guilden Morden Independent - REAVELL
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 October 14 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hi jkgla

Is it possible that 24 Sept 1841 was the birth date of Ann Reavell?  There is a registration of a birth in the Sept quarter 1841, Royston district (which includes Guilden Morden) for an A.R. 

It looks probable to me that the Anna Reavell who died in June quarter 1855 was the Anna Reavell who was also born Royston district in 1841.

I don't think the Guilden Morden Independent Chapel registers have been transcribed yet, presuming they still exist.

Selina

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jkgla

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Request: Guilden Morden Independent - REAVELL
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 October 14 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Selina - Many thanks for your reply.

Anna Reavell indeed died in 1855 - at the age of 76 - I have just received a copy of her death certificate.  I think that the Anna Reavell b 1842 was a grandaughter.

If the GM Independent registers haven't been transcribed, the query will have to wait until I manage another visit to Cambridge.

Thanks again.