Author Topic: Ceppi family in Dublin  (Read 11973 times)

Offline Valerio

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ceppi family in Dublin
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 18 April 15 17:44 BST (UK) »
I bought the Ceppi record from Glasnevin in 2012 and Seraphin was not in the grave.  I bought it again (by mistake) earlier this year and he is there and described as a picture frame maker.
Mary Adelaide Ceppi is also there, died 24 Feb 1894 - cause of death was gastric fever.  Francis Ceppi was a plaster statue maker - also in same grace.
Sorry to be so late with this information but do not check rootschat that often!
I am not related to Ceppi, but Francis was best man at my great grandfathers wedding in 1871 and Seraphin was a godparent to my grandfather in 1888.  I believe my GGF worked with/for the Ceppis before he went into business (as a statue maker) after Francis died.
BTW Seraphin received a Certificate of Naturalization from the Home Office in London in 1899.
Hope this is of some help.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 18 April 15 20:11 BST (UK) »
Before Glasnevin trust had digitised their records i found the death cert for Joseph Pacelli in 1912 i inquired if he was buried in Glasnevin and he was but at that time you could not get a full readout of the grave,i was also looking for his daughter Philomena who i was able to find when the trust came on line some years later through fiddling with the index i found her buried as Flumina Pacelli.
Any way when i eventually located the grave through finding another Pacelli died 1918 there was a headstone on the grave with Joseph died 1912 on it however Joseph was not recorded as buried in this grave,so i went back to the office and found they had him recorded in same grave number but in another section of the graveyard which they have since rectified.
If the headstone had'nt recorded his name i probably would'nt be any the wiser to this day.

Offline JaneSims

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 19 April 15 12:49 BST (UK) »
I bought the Ceppi record from Glasnevin in 2012 and Seraphin was not in the grave.  I bought it again (by mistake) earlier this year and he is there and described as a picture frame maker.
Mary Adelaide Ceppi is also there, died 24 Feb 1894 - cause of death was gastric fever.  Francis Ceppi was a plaster statue maker - also in same grace.
Sorry to be so late with this information but do not check rootschat that often!
I am not related to Ceppi, but Francis was best man at my great grandfathers wedding in 1871 and Seraphin was a godparent to my grandfather in 1888.  I believe my GGF worked with/for the Ceppis before he went into business (as a statue maker) after Francis died.
BTW Seraphin received a Certificate of Naturalization from the Home Office in London in 1899.
Hope this is of some help.

Valerio  - I don't know if this is the way to reply as I don't use this much. Thanks so much for your post. Are you from the Arigho family?? I would love to be able to contact you directly as I think we could maybe give each other quite a lot of information.

Offline JaneSims

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 19 April 15 12:51 BST (UK) »
Before Glasnevin trust had digitised their records i found the death cert for Joseph Pacelli in 1912 i inquired if he was buried in Glasnevin and he was but at that time you could not get a full readout of the grave,i was also looking for his daughter Philomena who i was able to find when the trust came on line some years later through fiddling with the index i found her buried as Flumina Pacelli.
Any way when i eventually located the grave through finding another Pacelli died 1918 there was a headstone on the grave with Joseph died 1912 on it however Joseph was not recorded as buried in this grave,so i went back to the office and found they had him recorded in same grave number but in another section of the graveyard which they have since rectified.
If the headstone had'nt recorded his name i probably would'nt be any the wiser to this day.
Hello Dathai - yes, graves and records work in interesting ways indeed!Where were the Pacellis from?

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 19 April 15 17:20 BST (UK) »
I have a copy of a travel document for Francis Pacelli 1919 gives his date of birth 1868 Marsicovetore ? Italy

Offline JaneSims

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 19 April 15 18:09 BST (UK) »
I have a copy of a travel document for Francis Pacelli 1919 gives his date of birth 1868 Marsicovetore ? Italy
Ok Thanks. The Ceppis were from Switzerland. It seems a lot of them emigrated in the 19th century - maybe even earlier.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 20 April 15 11:01 BST (UK) »
not sure if you have this Francis H Ceppi 1933 will administered by Caroline Ceppi,Widow (his mother?)
you can apply for a copy
Search archives here
http://www.nationalarchives.ie/search-the-archives/

Offline JaneSims

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 20 April 15 17:34 BST (UK) »
not sure if you have this Francis H Ceppi 1933 will administered by Caroline Ceppi,Widow (his mother?)
you can apply for a copy
Search archives here
http://www.nationalarchives.ie/search-the-archives/
Thanks so much! I have Seraphin's will but not Frank's so have made the application today. I'm really grateful to you. Yes, Caroline was his mother.

Offline Valerio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 20 April 15 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hello JaneSims,
No I am not an Arigho!  My GGF name was originally Quaradeghini which he shortened around 1880 to Deghini.   Unfortunately he couldn't spell and the priests where he was married and who baptised his children couldn't spell his name either.  You probably know this, but Ceppi & Arigho were in partnership together, for a period, as Picture Framers operating from 8 Wellington Quay.  They also may have come to Ireland together as they were both Swiss and came from villages that were only 3 or 4 kilometres apart (near the Italian border)