Author Topic: Hawarden birth look up please. Wife of John Kendrick.  (Read 2728 times)

Offline erica236

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hawarden birth look up please. Wife of John Kendrick.
« on: Sunday 19 October 14 16:00 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find the wife of John Kendrick (born abt 1991 in Stanstay, Denbighshire). I know from the census that she is Elizabeth and was born about 1788 in Hawarden, Flintshire.

The only marriage I can find that fits is in Chester in 1823 to Elizabeth Edwards - (born 1888 in Hawarden, parents Sarah and Peter ). Elizabeth called two of her children Sarah and Peter which makes sense. However, the marriage was after the births of her first two children Sarah, born abt 1819 and Martha in 1820 in Chester where the family lived.

Is it possible she could have registered the births under Elizabeth Kendrick before she actually got married?

I have also found a marriage of John Kendrick to Elizabeth Zachary in 1815 in Chester but can't find any birth record to show where she was born.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thank You,

Erica.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hawarden birth look up please. Wife of John Kendrick.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 October 14 16:08 BST (UK) »
Have you found baptisms for the two children you mentioned?I wouldn't take their birthyears as gospel if taken only from Census entries!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline erica236

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 October 14 17:03 BST (UK) »
Yes, Martha's birth is recorded in the Select Births and Christenings Film no 2045840, ID item 4 p9 and the Bishop's Transcripts: film no 1655536 - 23 July 1820. I have found the births of most of the other children but must admit I can't find Sarah - I got her name off a tree on ancestry!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 October 14 11:30 BST (UK) »
Hi

There is a burial  for a Sarah Elizabeth Kendrick, St Mary on the Hill, Chester on 20 August 1832, aged 13 days .   This from a page image of the OPR.

I think that this has been wrongly transcribed as 13 years on some records.  Her baptism, 15 Aug 1832, shows her parents as Samuel  and Sarah Kendrick.

I wonder if the treeowners have wrongly entered this info as a Sarah b. 1819?

As you say, the best fit, from Elizabeth's place of birth from censuses (Buckley and Hawarden) is the bpt in Hawarden with parents Peter and Sarah Edwards.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 October 14 12:06 BST (UK) »
Just wondering, given their ages, if this was a second marriage for one or both of them.

For example, there are a couple of  marriages of a Zachary to and Elizabeth in the broad time period:

St Mary's Chester  1808 Samuel Zachary (of Gresford) to Elizabeth Parsonage (of Chester)
Gresford 1811 James Zachary to Elizabeth Tilston

I've not checked this line of investigation very much ( you might broaden the marriage searches) and you would need to check for Zachary deaths before 1815.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***