Author Topic: Ruth and Florence Kingham  (Read 7657 times)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ruth and Florence Kingham
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 25 October 14 17:50 BST (UK) »
Kenneth Gordon Milson died at his home on Dec 17, 1990 - husband of L, and dear brother of Harley.  The other brothers aren't mentioned. Kenneth leaves many nieces and nephews.  He is buried in Pine Hills Cemetery (this is in Scarborough, Ontario)

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 25 October 14 17:54 BST (UK) »
Delbert Milson died at the Mississauga General Hospital on April 10, 1971.  Husband of C (D) Leeson.  Dear father of W, H and D.  Lots of grandchildren listed.  (I won't post full names, in case people are still living.  Will PM instead.)  Brother of Harley and Kenneth Milson.  Doesn't say where he is buried. 

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 25 October 14 18:04 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I also found a death for a William Milson on Feb 12 1994.  There is no middle initial and no mention of brothers.  Given that Kenneth's obit of 1990 only mentions Harley, I wonder if this William could be a next generation?  William died in Toronto and the funeral service was in Richmond Hill (just north of Toronto).  Family members are mentioned.  He might fit....  ???

RK

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 26 October 14 17:03 GMT (UK) »
It appears Ruth's first husband didn't die until 1928. his birth shows as 1852 on first marriage (fibbed to sound a bit younger at the marriage to young Ruth I imagine) No divorce shows for them thus the "spinster" stated in second marriage. The couple didn't last too long, though, since she's already calling herself Kingham in 1901  https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JKWB-QJT

1911 with (step sons ?) George & Jonnie ( hit the "links to see there were several other stepchildren as well...  http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census11/SplitView.jsp?id=51024

awe, Jane's death that year... https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JD2H-R3Y

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Christine Grace Kingham Poore

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 02 April 18 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
Such an old thread but only just found it. Fascinating information, think George Kingham is my great grandfather and believe he was the brother of Ruth and Florence. Looks like he was living with relatives when the sisters were sent to Canada. Is there any information about what had happened to their parents?.

Thanks

Christine Kingham Poore

Offline johnson1948

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 05 April 18 18:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Christine, I passed on all the info I had to the person researching the Kingham side of the family.
But will see what I can find out.
Robert.   

Offline johnson1948

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 13:37 BST (UK) »
Christine, David Kingham died 11th August 1890 Sunnyside, Hitchin. Aged 41. Cause of death: Phthisis Diarrhea certified by James H. Gilbertson. + the mark of Caroline Cannon widow of deceased, present at the death. Sunnyside, Hitchin. Occupation: Day Labourer.