Author Topic: Lucy Vincent Fressingfield, born 1795, 1803 or two of 'em?  (Read 3899 times)

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
Re: Lucy Vincent Fressingfield, born 1795, 1803 or two of 'em?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 January 15 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Shirley,

Welcome to Rootschat - one of the most brilliant genealogical sites on the interwebamabob.

Could I ask which Hannah is your ancestor? There are eight in my tree six of whom were born between 1808 and 1839!!!

Once you have completed three postings, you are able to send PMs (private messages to individual Rootschatters) so you can avoid sharing private information that you would rather not share with the wider public.

I have several "strands" of Fressingfield Vincents in my tree that are yet to be linked to each other. My next task is to join the Suffolk FHS and purchase some of their CDs in the hope that this will enable to be graft more branches onto my tree.

I am happy to let you know what I know (or what I think I know)!

Kind regards,
Malcolm Vincent
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Offline Billieboo15

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 January 15 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Malcom
My Hannah Vincent  is the daughter of My great great great great grandparents Thomas Vincent and Elizabeth b Brundish  Hannah married my great great great grandfather Henry Coates on 18th July 1850 in Fressingfield and one of their children was My great great grandmother Harriet  thank you for replying to me
Regards
Shirley

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 January 15 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I had them all shown in my tree as "Cootes" although some of them become "Coates" and then others revert back to "Cootes" later. I guess if you say "Coates" with a Suffolk accent and can't read 'n write then it is easy to see how this can happen. Harriet is listed as a Coates in 1851 and 1861 and James becomes a Cootes again in 1871.

What was the name of Harriet's husband?

Cheers,
Malcolm
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f